Foxit Reader 8.0 also lacks Classic Toolbar

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Foxit Reader 8.0 also lacks Classic Toolbar

For us users who do not want the Ribbon interface, the Classic Toolbar is still not present in Foxit Reader 8.0, unfortunately.

Sorry to say that classic toolbar is no longer available after version 7.3. You may refer to this Foxit blog link to understand why Foxit change from the classic UI to the ribbon UI:
    https://www.foxitsoftware.com/blog/b...osts-of-change

Comment

This is very sad. The ribbon is horrible, honestly. There are a lot of programs bringing back the classic menu look to MS Office. Foxit doesn't have any.

Comment

Please get rid of the much too large idiotic ribbon, or at least make it hideable with ctrl+F1. I'm going back to version 6, or finding something else. Tooo bad really.

Comment

Originally posted by axline View Post
          This is very sad. The ribbon is horrible, honestly. There are a lot of programs bringing back the classic menu look to MS Office. Foxit doesn't have any.
          You can hide it with CTRL+F11, or you can open pdf file in Read mode to get rid of the ribbon.

Comment

Originally posted by richell_huang View Post

You can hide it with CTRL+F11, or you can open pdf file in Read mode to get rid of the ribbon.
            It doesn't bring the classic menu back. I'm a programer myself and recently we've stepped back in our product line and completely got rid of Ribbon controls. Way too many complaints from the customers of whom we care. I hope foxitsoftware will do the same. I'm no longer using Foxit reader (SOLELY because of switching to Ribbon). Had been a loyal customer for many years, but not any more.

Comment

Originally posted by axline View Post

It doesn't bring the classic menu back. I'm a programer myself and recently we've stepped back in our product line and completely got rid of Ribbon controls. Way too many complaints from the customers of whom we care. I hope foxitsoftware will do the same. I'm no longer using Foxit reader (SOLELY because of switching to Ribbon). Had been a loyal customer for many years, but not any more.
              Sorry to hear that, but I respect it. It is out of my control and the only thing I can do is forward your feedback to our product team for future reference. Your kind understanding is highly appreciated.

Comment

And here's another ribbon hater who was hoping V8 would bring back a sensible interface.
                So now after long use of foxit I am now uninstalling this program.

Comment

I, too, have stopped updating Foxit Reader. The last version that I downloaded that supported the classic menu was 7.13, or maybe 7.1.3. For MS Office, I downloaded a shareware program called Office Classic Menu 2013. It works great, and I paid the $19.00 shareware registration fee because I've got all my menus and buttons. Unfortunately, it exists as a new menu item in the ribbon, so the ribbon is still there. Still, I keep hoping that someone will write a similar program for Foxit, so that I can progress forward with new versions.

I couldn't make heads or tails of the ribbon in the Office programs. I can't make heads or tails of the ribbon in Foxit. I'll be 62 in November. Maybe it's finally happened. Maybe I'm finally too old to understand a software interface that a younger generation has come up with.
                  Last edited by CuriousJ; 09-21-2017, 07:04 PM.

Comment

Working...
                  X