Printing with Foxit Reader using command line command

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Printing with Foxit Reader using command line command

I have a windows service that prints documents and I've ran across a problem with the latest version of Foxit reader printing with a command line parameter. Foxit reader will print the document but then hangs up in memory and doesn't close automatically. I know an earlier version didn't have this problem and worked beautifully. It would automatically close after it printed. It doesn't do this if I run it from a command prompt, only when my windows service prints something.

I'm using the command line parameter /t to print.

ex: FoxitReader /t mydocument.pdf MYPRINTER

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Sorry that it has not been addressed in new version 8.0, we have updated your comment to our bug system, and hope our Dev team will pay more attention to it. If you need the old version download link, please let me know, thanks.

Comment

I am having this problem now. Can I have a link to the old version please? ghendric, any luck on your end?

Comment

Originally posted by ajrallen View Post
        I am having this problem now. Can I have a link to the old version please? ghendric, any luck on your end?
        Here is the download link for Foxit Reader 6.2.
        http://cdn01.foxitsoftware.com/pub/f..._enu_Setup.exe

Comment

Sadly this appears to be still broken in 8.2.0.2051. Documents print fine but Foxit Reader opens up each time with no PDF file loaded. This has been broken for a long time now. Is it ever going to be fixed...? It it is I would suggest that it some tests are added for the various command line parameter options to your automated testing suite to ensure that future updates do not break these existing features again.

Comment

Originally posted by lsystems View Post
            Sadly this appears to be still broken in 8.2.0.2051. Documents print fine but Foxit Reader opens up each time with no PDF file loaded. This has been broken for a long time now. Is it ever going to be fixed...? It it is I would suggest that it some tests are added for the various command line parameter options to your automated testing suite to ensure that future updates do not break these existing features again.
            Dear lsystems,I am sorry that this "command line printing release Foxit window"situation still hasn't been rectified in latest version 8.2 yet. For your current workaround,please choose to silent print PDF files with V6.2 of Foxit Reader.

Comment

Thanks Lisa_lee I was aware of the workaround, but reverting back to such an old version its far from ideal from a security perspective. Is it possible to get some idea when this will be fixed? Its not a new feature after all and was broken by an update.

Comment

Dear Isystems,I am sorry that there is no new update report about this issue. I will update this case to our development team again to push this issue forward. Thanks for your patience.

Comment

I'm running into this issue on an evaluation machine.

8.3.1 has been released, is there a planned "Enterprise" release which does not have the GUI pop up? Or is it still just a bug?

I use command line printing to provide consistent printing for legal documents. Other users on the same machine(s) use Foxit Reader for other tasks, and general PDF reading use.

The GUI pop-up is kind of an annoyance. Not very professional.

Comment

mm310 ,I am sorry that there is no change is V8.3.1. For this situation,I have just submitted the suggestion"Users hope to close the Foxit Reader/Phantom window when finishing the silent print via command line" again to our internal feature system with suggestion ID#PHANTOM-5996 and I have also reminded our product marketing team of this feature.

Comment

Originally posted by Lisa_lee View Post
                      [USER="550257"]"Users hope to close the Foxit Reader/Phantom window when finishing the silent print via command line"
                      Not having any problem closing it. We just have to close it every time we print using the command line printing functionality.

The application instance does not display the PDF which was printed, only the default FoxIt window as if it was opened from a desktop shortcut. So either it pops up in front and disrupts the flow, or sometime later you have to go to the desktop for something, and notice FoxIt was sitting open at the bottom of the open windows for some reason, and it is distracting and disconcerting.

A system tray pop-up or process would be preferable.

Comment

Originally posted by mm310 View Post

Not having any problem closing it. We just have to close it every time we print using the command line printing functionality.

The application instance does not display the PDF which was printed, only the default FoxIt window as if it was opened from a desktop shortcut. So either it pops up in front and disrupts the flow, or sometime later you have to go to the desktop for something, and notice FoxIt was sitting open at the bottom of the open windows for some reason, and it is distracting and disconcerting.

A system tray pop-up or process would be preferable.
                        Dear mm310,

Thanks for your reply.I have already passed this feedback you mentioned on to our product marketing for their reference.

Comment

Working...
                        X