Foxit reader pops up "run as" window every time it opens

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bug Foxit reader pops up "run as" window every time it opens

As the title, Foxit reader pops up "run as" window every time it opens, and I select "cancel" every time because I don't know what is requesting to run.
    System: Windows XPSP3

luweitest

Could you please help make a screenshot of the mentioned window so we could better know the problem? Thank you.
    (To make a screenshot, please press "PrScrn SysRq"/"Print Screen" on the keyboard, then paste into Word/Paint and save.)

Comment

cherry

Comment

The popup window is the same window by selecting an exe file then selecting context menu "run as"

Comment

luweitest

Please go to "Start"->"Run"->type services.msc to open the Services dialog then set the startup type of "Foxit Service" to "Automatic" and see if it helps. If not, please let us know the version info of your Foxit Reader and email to support@foxitsoftware.com for further advice. Thank you.

Comment

cherry I see, the service was set to Automatic, but was not active, maybe because I had not restarted system. But, I normally don't like more services running in the background. What does ConnectedPDF do? Can I turn it off?

Comment

luweitest

ConnectedPDF is a new technology and it could add a unique identification code to the PDF document if you choose to convert it to cPDF document. You could manage your connected documents using free web services. Only the tracking data (E.g. who accessed what and when) will be stored and your actual PDF file content will not be stored in the cloud.
              But if you still want to disable ConnectedPDF, you may refer to this link: https://help.foxitsoftware.com/kb/ho...nnectedpdf.php

Hope info above helps. Thank you.

Comment

Thanks for your help. I see ConnectedPDF is designed for online collaboration and distribution, and all features need others to use Foxit too.

Comment

Working...
                X