Error After Creating A PDF From Scanning

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bug Error After Creating A PDF From Scanning

Has anyone else ever gotten this message when scanning: "The scanning failed because the space for temp file is not enough!"?

MMarble

Please access this directory "C:\Users\user name\AppData\Roaming\Foxit Software\Foxit Reader\Scans" to delete the ScanOpeData.xml and see if it helps. If not, please send us following info:
    1) Version info of your Foxit Reader;
    2) Instructions about to replicate the issue;
    3) A screenshot that shows your scan dialog;
    4) Your Scanner info. Did it occur to any scanner?
    5) Your OS type. (E.g. Win 7, 32-bit or 64-bit)

BTW, you may also email the info to support@foxitsoftware.com for processing. Thank you.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	error.png
Views:	4
Size:	884 Bytes
ID:	157302 Deleting the ScanOpeData.xml file didn't work. I have also tried installing the latest version (8.0.0.624). I did install the software in RD mode.
      • The operating system is Windows Server 2008 R2, 64 bit (virtualized).
      • The scanner is a Panasonic KV S1025C and it does it on all of them.
      • The error message says “The scanning failed because the space for temp file is not enough!

Comment

Deleting the ScanOpeData.xml file didn't work. I have also tried installing the latest version (8.0.0.624). I did install the software in RD mode.
        • The operating system is Windows Server 2008 R2, 64 bit (virtualized).
        • The scanner is a Panasonic KV S1025C and it does it on all of them.
        • The error message says “The scanning failed because the space for temp file is not enough!

Comment

MMarble

The screenshot been uploaded to the forum is too small that I can't tell the error. Could you please kindly make a screenshot of the scan dialog and the error and email to support@foxitsoftware.com so we could further proceed? Will re-installation/update of Panasonic KV S1025C scanner help? How about the result if you directly scan via the scanner user interface? Please let us know. Thank you.

Comment

Just to update you on what worked.

Environment Details:
            • OS=WinServ08 R2 (virtualized)
            • Users connect to server via remote desktop services
            • Scanners connected locally to thin clients
            • Users login with roaming profiles
            • All user profile folders are redirected including the AppData folder via Group Policy

Error: The scanning failed because the space for temp file is not enough!

This error occurred no matter what scanning software I used or hardware I scanned from. It seems Windows Server 2008 R2 has trouble scanning when the AppData folder is not local. The default AppData location had been changed via Group Policy’s folder redirection. I changed the policy to redirect the AppData folder back to the local user profile folder on the terminal server. I deleted the copy under the user’s roaming profile (had to make the admin account the owner of the AppData folder first). A new, local AppData folder is created on the user’s next login and scanning was successful after that.

Comment

Dear MMarble,

Thanks so much for letting us know the cause of the issue and your workaround.

Comment

Working...
              X