Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Intermittent crash on carriage return inside various form fields, version= 8.1.0.1013

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• crash Intermittent crash on carriage return inside various form fields, version= 8.1.0.1013

Crashlog attached...
    Attached Files
    Last edited by lyobovnik; 11-17-2016, 05:00 PM.

Could you please try below steps to re-install latest version and see if it helps?
    1) Uninstall Foxit Reader from the control panel.
    2) Press "Window + r" input "regedit" press Enter, find folder "Foxit Reader" under the directory "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Foxit Software\Foxit Reader" and delete it.
    3) Go to the installation folder of Foxit, somewhere like:C:\Program Files\Foxit Software, delete the folder"Foxit Reader".
    4) Download and install the software from below link.
    http://cdn01.foxitsoftware.com/pub/f...etup_clean.exe

Any result, please kindly let us know.

Comment

I have followed the instructions. I will advise ASAP if the issue appears to recur. Thank you.

Comment

Today I had what appears to be a recurrence. Crashlogs attached.
        Attached Files

Comment

lyobovnik

Please provide us with the following information for further investigation:

1. Your system information, like win7 32-bit.
          2. The CRASH.DMP files you can find under the directory C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Local\Foxit Reader .
          3. What detailed operation you have done at the moment of crash?
          4. Does it happen to any files? If it happens to a specific file, please send us the sample for internal test.

Comment

Originally posted by lyndi_wu View Post
            lyobovnik

Please provide us with the following information for further investigation:

1. Your system information, like win7 32-bit.
            2. The CRASH.DMP files you can find under the directory C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Local\Foxit Reader .
            3. What detailed operation you have done at the moment of crash?
            4. Does it happen to any files? If it happens to a specific file, please send us the sample for internal test.
            1. Win7 64-bit system.
            2. This forum's "Upload Attachments" tool will not allow the CRASH.DMP file. Instead I have shared at "https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/25951114/CRASH.DMP".
            3. I think the only operation consistent between all occurrences has been "Carriage return inside a form field".
            4. Has happened with multiple files, not just a specific file.
            Last edited by lyobovnik; 11-30-2016, 06:19 PM.

Comment

Are you able to access the CRASH.DMP file I shared?

UPDATE 2016-12-08:
              I can't remember all the files where it has done this, but below I've included a link to the file associated most recently.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...estigation.pdf
              Last edited by lyobovnik; 12-08-2016, 04:37 PM. Reason: None of my newer posts are showing.

Comment

lyobovnik
                Thank you for your share. I have got your crash.dmp file, and reported the issue to Foxit internal bug tracking system for further investigation. Report ID#: 84266.
                You may email to support@foxitsoftware.com with this ID# to track the processing status or post here.
                In addition, since we cannot reproduce the issue with our files, would you please help to send us a sample pdf file which can reproduce the issue for internal test?
                If it is inconvenient to upload here, you may email the PDF document to support@foxitsoftware.com. Thank you in advance.

Comment

Working...
                X