Foxit Reader does not unload itself upon closure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Foxit Reader does not unload itself upon closure

I have the latest version of Foxit Reader (8.1.1.1115) whenever I close the reader the reader seems to be closed fine, but the process continues to run and to take 25% of CPU. The next time I open Foxit Reader, a second process will start and will take further 25% of CPU. Closing the application will look fine but the two will continue to run and take (now 50%) of CPU in the background. Only ending the processes (via e.g. the task manager) will solve the problem.

I'm not sure whether this started when I upgraded to the latest version, because it took me time to identify the problem, but it is possible.
    Windows 7 64 bit. Quite a strong computer that works fine.

Uzi
    Last edited by uzi; 12-03-2016, 05:43 PM.

Foxit Reader is a multilingual freemium PDF tool that can create, view, edit, digitally sign, and print PDF files. Foxit Reader is developed by Fremont.

Comment

Hi Uzi,

Could you send us a screenshot to show which process keep running after closing the software?

Comment

Hi Doris,
        I think that the problem is solved by now: update KB3197869 by Microsoft claims to solve such cases. I applied it two days ago, and I no longer see multiple instances of "FoxitReader.exe *32" process. I'll still check to convince myself that it is really solved, but it seems to be solved.

Thanks,
        Uzi

Comment

Originally posted by uzi View Post
          Hi Doris,
          I think that the problem is solved by now: update KB3197869 by Microsoft claims to solve such cases. I applied it two days ago, and I no longer see multiple instances of "FoxitReader.exe *32" process. I'll still check to convince myself that it is really solved, but it seems to be solved.

Thanks,
          Uzi
          Hello Uzi,

Thanks for informing us the cause of this problem. If there is still any problem,please don't hesitate to let us know.

Comment

I have the same problem

Comment

Originally posted by marry2020 View Post
              I have the same problem
              Could you please try the resolution provided by Uzi? If the KB3197869 does not help, please provide us details about your system version and version of Foxit Reader and send us screenshots to the problem.

Comment

Working...
              X