Ubuntu 64-bit: Fullscreen

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ubuntu 64-bit: Fullscreen

I've installed V2.2.1025 on Ubuntu 16.10 64-bit.
    How can I switch to full-screen?
    I found no menu-item to do that.

Dear tmtron,

I am sorry that currently our Foxit Reder for Linux still doesn't have the Full screen mode.Would you please help to answer a few questions to help us make better product design?
    1. On what scenario do you want to use full screen mode. Reading a book? or doing anything else? What is the book or document you want to read in full screen?
    2. Do you need to frequently switch to other apps when you are working under full screen mode? If yes, what are the apps?
    3. What is the screen size of your computer?
    4. When in full screen mode and you want to flip to the next page, are you more likely to use your mouse wheel, or you will press a key or a mouse button?
    5. Do you want to access the bookmark panel and the page thumbnail panel when you are in full screen mode?
    6. Do you want to make annotations when you are in full screen mode?
    7. Is there any other tool you would like to have in full screen mode?

Look forward to your reply.

Comment

Originally posted by Lisa_li View Post
      Dear tmtron,
      I am sorry that currently our Foxit Reder for Linux still doesn't have the Full screen mode.Would you please help to answer a few questions to help us make better product design?
      Dear Lisa_li,

I'm having the same problem/need, so I've subscribed this post.
      Answering to your questions:

1. To show my pdf-files in conferences using a beamer or to easily read documents (which kind of books is here irrelevant);
      2. Not so frequently but yes, most the time I need to switch to the browser;
      3. I have two computers, 15.6'' and 17''
      4. Both of them or a USB-presenter in case of a conference
      5. It would be nice, but not fundamental. A pop-up sidebar would be the best solution
      6. Not fundamental too
      7. Search for some text string, jump to a specific page (it could be something that prompt the page number I'd want to see), zoom options

Thanks in advace

Comment

Dear Slavist29,

Thanks for answering all of our questions.I have submitted the full screen request as a new feature to our internal feature system with suggestion ID#MACLNX-35,so that it may be considered in future versions.

Comment

Hi Lisa, Thank you for taking questions ;-) Just want to state here, that I'd be glad seeing that full screen mode in future versions of Foxit.

Comment

Please do this someone! I love Foxit but for this one little niggle. The highlight tool would be nice too in full screen.

Comment

I registered just to say +1 on this.

Comment

Originally posted by wiredrunner View Post
                I registered just to say +1 on this.
                Already added and we will consider to make it available in future major release.

Comment

Originally posted by richell_huang View Post

Already added and we will consider to make it available in future major release.
                  Any idea when this feature will come out? I'm on a Lubuntu 16.04 tablet and would really appreciate the extra space from using Full Screen. Is it also possible to add multi-touch support (pinching to change the scale) and smooth scrolling like Evince has? (Where if you scroll with the touch screen, after you let go it keeps scrolling for a few extra seconds, and then stops, instead of stopping immediately after you lift your finger).

Also is this software open source? Would like to possibly contribute if it is, if not is there a place where we can track the changes being made to the Linux build?

Comment

Dear unixnelson,

The full screen has already been added into to-do-list by our Dev team. I will be expected to be implemented in next major release V3 of Foxit Reader for Lite if everything goes well.
                    Our Foxit Reader for Linux is not a open source App. Regarding your query"is there a place where we can track the changes being made to the Linux build",do you mean that you need to know what changes have been made in each update/upgrade version of Foxit Reader for Linux?
                    If so,please click on the "What's new"icon under the "Help"menu in Foxit Reader for Linux,then you will be directed into a webpage where you can see all versions history there.
                    For now,the URL link of the "what's new" is:
                    http://help.foxitsoftware.com/manual...-whatsnew/2.4/
                    If I didn't understand your query correctly,please help to rephrase it.

I have submitted the suggestion"add multi-touch support and smooth scrolling like Evince has"as new feature to our internal feature system for our product marketing's further reference with suggestion ID#MACLNX-1673.

Comment

A really important feature (at least from my end) for the presentation mode would be to keep the dual mode available. Most of us have a 16:9 screen in which it is much more comfortable to read with a dual mode in full screen (a lot like with a regular book).
                      It is a shame to have to use lower level solutions (such as those built over MuPDF) to address this issue, and this feature would definitely give you the upper hand over Evince.

Comment

Originally posted by Nexys View Post
                        A really important feature (at least from my end) for the presentation mode would be to keep the dual mode available. Most of us have a 16:9 screen in which it is much more comfortable to read with a dual mode in full screen (a lot like with a regular book).
                        It is a shame to have to use lower level solutions (such as those built over MuPDF) to address this issue, and this feature would definitely give you the upper hand over Evince.
                        Nexys ,I am sorry that I am still not clear about this request you mentioned.Would you please help to rephrase it in more details with some illustrated screenshots,so that we can know it better?

Comment

Working...
                        X