History Problems after Update

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• History Problems after Update

Hi, I recently updated Reader to 8.2.0.2051. From which version, I don't remember, but it was from 2016.I use Win7/x86.
    First, the update deleted my complete File history, including the files I had recently open in multiple tabs.
    Second, I cannot prevent Reader from opening in full screen mode, when Documents are re-loaded. I have both History last session and History last view activated.

Dear Knozzeros,

Thanks for using Foxit Reader. If you upgrade your Foxit Reader from last major version 7 to most current version 8.2,
    Foxit Reader will only retain those settings that you have made in preferences dialog box if you choose not to remove all Foxit Software's related registry and data during uninstallation, file history won't be retained.
    If you just do a minor update(such as update from V8.1 to V8.2),you need to make sure to choose not to remove all Foxit Software's related registry and data during uninstallation to make your file history to be retained.
    If you choose to remove all Foxit Software's related registry and data during uninstallation,the file history will be deleted after update.

Concerning the situation"I cannot prevent Reader from opening in full screen mode",do you mean that Foxit Reader open all of PDF file in full screen mode by default? If so,please do as follows to make Foxit Reader to not open PDF files in full screen mode:
    Go to "File"menu in Foxit Reader>"Preferences">"Documents",please choose"Normal" for the option"In Foxit Reader. please choose the mode for display PDF mode".
    Then click on the "History"tab in preferences dialog box,please uncheck the option"Restore last view settings when reopening">click"OK"to save the setting.
    Finally,please try to open Foxit Reader again.

Attached Files

Comment

Thank you Lisa_lee for your answer and clarification.
      Now I know how the BDU (or DAU in German) must feel because it seems that I didn't see that "normal" containing option list...why ? I don't know. It's big enough.
      Sorry for that stupid question.
      But for the file history/open tabs I would recommend to save these settings somehow - I had a bunch of files open from all over my file structure, it was a bit annoying to search them again without the history...

Comment

Hello friends i have some problems regarding foxit reader. when we save pdf file through online our file not open and show file has been corrupted. guys how to resolve these problem? please help us.

Comment

Originally posted by robinhassell View Post
          Hello friends i have some problems regarding foxit reader. when we save pdf file through online our file not open and show file has been corrupted. guys how to resolve these problem? please help us.
          Which version of Foxit Reader do you use? If not the latest version 8.2, could you please try below steps to install latest version 8.2 and see if it helps?
          1) Uninstall Foxit Reader from the control panel.
          2) Press "Window + r" input "regedit" press Enter, find folder "Foxit Reader" under the directory "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Foxit Software\Foxit Reader" and delete it.
          3) Go to the installation folder of Foxit, somewhere like:C:\Program Files\Foxit Software, delete the folder"Foxit Reader".
          4) Download and install the software from below link.
          http://cdn01.foxitsoftware.com/pub/f...etup_clean.exe

Any result, please kindly let us know.

Comment

Thanks for solution !
            Problem resolved.
            Now please send me link for mac operating system of foxit reader.

Comment

Here is the link for mac
              http://cdn01.foxitsoftware.com/pub/f....enu.Setup.pkg

Comment

Working...
              X