File has become Password Protected on its own

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• File has become Password Protected on its own

I have a file that I scanned using my Canon Scanner. I have opened it many times with Foxit Reader version 8.1.1.1155 and it opened just fine. It has all of the sudden become password protected to open the file. I did not do this and I am only using the Foxit Reader which doesn't have the feature to password protect the file. I am the only one that has access to this file on my home machine. The error is "xxxx.pdf is password protected. Please enter a password to open this document."

I am using Windows 10 Pro.
    Last edited by Terezush; 02-16-2017, 06:19 PM. Reason: Added computer software version

Dear Terezush,

I apologize for any difficulty using Foxit Software.I suspect that the PDF file with password protected is not the scanned PDF file that you have created within our Foxit Reader since our Foxit Reader really doesn't have the
    password protection feature.
    Would you please help to send us the PDF file sample for us to take a closer look at first?
    If it is inconvenience to upload the files here, you may email it to support@foxitsoftware.com (Attn:Lisa). And indicate this thread link. Thank you.

Comment

Working...
    X