Foxit 8.2 Crash with Commenting Tools

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• crash Foxit 8.2 Crash with Commenting Tools

The commenting tools typewriter and insert text cause Foxit Reader version 8.2.0.2051 to not respond, with Windows 10 killing the process. I am able to make one or two comments using these tools before it crashes. I have tried uninstalling Foxit while keeping the settings stored on my computer. The highlight tool does not reproduce this issue.

Sometimes other features cause it to crash. Just now I pressed check for updates which resulted in a crash. It also sometimes causes graphical glitches as it does so.

Pop up says: Foxit Reader 8.2 has stopped working. A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available.
    Foxit Crashing

Managed to get a picture of it crashing with the graphics going buggy.

Comment

Dear FireFoxit,

Sorry for the problem you encountered with Foxit Reader. Could you please kindly perform a fresh re-installation as following and try again?
      1)Please make sure you've closed all Foxit Reader related programs (IE, Firefox...) then go to "Control Panel"->"Add/Remove Programs" to uninstall Foxit Reader;
      Go to "Start"->"Run"-> input regedit -> find "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Foxit Software\ Foxit Reader 8.0" and "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Foxit Software\ Foxit Reader 8.0" to delete the whole folder of Foxit Reader 8.0;
      2)Download a newest version of Foxit Reader 8.2 from the link below:
      You may download a new setup file from this link:
      http://cdn01.foxitsoftware.com/pub/f...etup_clean.exe
      and install it.
      Finally,please try to give the new installation a try. If the crash issue still persists,please help to send us the following information for further analysis:
      1: Do you run 32-bit or 64-bit of windows10?
      2: Did this issue happen to all PDF files or just some specific PDF files?Please send us one PDF file sample.
      3:Please send us the crashlog.txt and crash.dmp files which you can find them below:
      "C:\Users\[YourName]\AppData\Local\Foxit Reader"
      4: Did this crash issue happen every time when you try to use typewriter or insert text tool to add comments in PDF file or it just happened occasionally?
      If it is inconvenience to upload the files here, you may email it to support@foxitsoftware.com (Attn:Lisa). And indicate this thread link. Thank you.

Comment

I have a similar problem, Foxit crashes for me in the exact same way, except I have the portable version 8.1.1.1015 which crashes intermittently despite being up-to-date, and I couldn't find any specific cause for it. I frequently use highlighter, typewriter and drawing tools. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app, but to no avail.

Comment

@lebob,could you please try latest version 8.2.1 as Lisa posted and check if the same problem exists. If yes, please send us below information and crash logs to debug the issue.
          1: Do you run 32-bit or 64-bit of windows10?
          2: Did this issue happen to all PDF files or just some specific PDF files?Please send us one PDF file sample.
          3:Please send us the crashlog.txt and crash.dmp files which you can find them below:
          "C:\Users\[YourName]\AppData\Local\Foxit Reader"

Comment

Working...
          X