Ribbon Toolbar

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ribbon Toolbar

I don't allow my install of Foxit Reader to update since the option to have a ribbon or traditional toolbar was ripped out.

So a question if I may, to save me FU my Foxit install by installing a recent version to check.

Have they either done way with the (Expletive) Ribbon toolbar and reinstated the traditional one, or even returned the dual option?

Highly unlikely, but worth asking.

Thanks

Arturo X

arturox I am sorry that currently there is no plans to add back the classic toolbar mode in future version of Foxit Reader/Foxit PhantomPDF yet.
    If you need to use our older version of Foxit Reader with Classic toolbar mode included,please download it below;
    http://cdn02.foxitsoftware.com/pub/foxit/reader/desktop/win/7.x/7.2/en_us/FoxitReader728.1124_enu_Setup.exe

Comment

The quickest way to show the ribbon is to click on any visible tab, like Home, Insert or Design. You might also want to hide the ribbon to maximize screen space.

Comment

Originally posted by Lisa_lee View Post
        arturox I am sorry that currently there is no plans to add back the classic toolbar mode in future version of Foxit Reader/Foxit PhantomPDF yet.
        If you need to use our older version of Foxit Reader with Classic toolbar mode included,please download it below;
        http://cdn02.foxitsoftware.com/pub/foxit/reader/desktop/win/7.x/7.2/en_us/FoxitReader728.1124_enu_Setup.exe
        Thanks for the note and link, though I don't need it as I'm already using that old version.

However, it seems the plague of Ribbon toolbars continues to march inexorably on, so I've decide to just put up with the the rubbish and get on with it.
        I'm now using the latests version.

So from my POV this tread is ended.

However, installing the latest Foxit Reader has thrown me a problem, and I'll start a new Subject/Thread for that called "Foxit Reader has not Registered in Win 7"

Thanks for the input

Ax

Comment

Originally posted by Lisa_lee View Post
          Thanks for the note and link, though I don't need it as I'm already using that old version.

However, it seems the plague of Ribbon toolbars continues to march inexorably on, so I've decide to just put up with the the rubbish and get on with it.
          I'm now using the latests version.

So from my POV this tread is ended.

However, installing the latest Foxit Reader has thrown me a problem, and I'll start a new Subject/Thread for that called "Foxit Reader has not Registered in Win 7"

Thanks for the input

Ax

Comment

So, the solution for the shitty ribbon bar is to hide it? Good idea.. really adds to the functionality. Actually, having said that not having a ribbon bar might actually be better than having it...

Comment

A hidden ribbon bar is better than actually having a ribbon bar? Maybe..

Comment

The speediest approach to demonstrate the lace is to tap on any noticeable tab, similar to Home, Insert or Design. You may likewise need to shroud the strip to augment screen space.

Comment

Version 7.2.8.1124 works great. Not sure why you'd need a later version, but that is the last one that I know of that uses normal menus. I figure that'll keep me until the annotate features on Linux PDF viewers catch up.

Comment

Working...
                  X