Performance of Foxit Reader

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Performance of Foxit Reader

I am a long time user of Foxit Reader. I first started using Foxit Reader because of the highlighting/annotation capabilities it provided, and I still do. I am now writing to describe a troubling degradation in performance that I have witnessed with the latest update 8.2.0.2051.

It used to be that Foxit Reader provided fast searches for a term within the document. Now, hitting F3 results in a noticeable lag even when the next result is in the same page! This is just unacceptable.

The same poor performance is also visible when highlighting terms. There is a marked latency after clicking highlight, so much so that I always doubt whether I am in the highlight mode or not.

I know that useful features are being added to Foxit Reader at each release. But this must not be at the cost of performance for fundamental functionality such as searching and highlighting.

I have decided to revert to a previous release.

Thanks for hearing me out.

Hello toddster,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Strangely I could not replicate the issue you have. To debug the issue, could you please provide us below information?
    1 Your operating system type.
    2 Your device/computer type.
    3 Any sample file that could be used to replicate the issue?

Comment

Working...
    X