Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Resolved Highlight (select) text using the keyboard shortcuts

Hi everyone,
    I wonder if there is a way to select text in Foxit reader using keyboard combination (like Shift+left/right)?
    I did a search and I found that (Shift + left or right) allows scrolling horizontally.

Here is an example of what I want exactly:
    Lets say that from the word "Perfect" I have selected "Perf", now I want to complet the selection with (Shift + right arrow) 3 times to get "Perfect"

this combination is available in web browsers / text editors ...etc
    I like every shortcut in everywhere and i have found foxit reader the best one for pdfs except this feature, and i did a big search with no result exept one topic (without solutions)

I will be very happy with your help!
    (I am using windows 7 by the way)

Kind regards.
    Firstly, I am on Mac OSX (El Capitan) Is there a way to search for a word, then select and copy text with keyboard only? More specificalIy, I want to search
    Last edited by MB_7; 03-20-2017, 10:42 PM.

In Foxit Reader for Windows, you could switch to Select Text tool (Home -- select -- select text) first. Then the shortcut could be used to select text.

Comment

Originally posted by Doris Wang View Post
      In Foxit Reader for Windows, you could switch to Select Text tool (Home -- select -- select text) first. Then the shortcut could be used to select text.
      Hi "Doris Wang", thanks a lot for the reply,
      Actually, selecting text is not a problem for me (also i know how to do it with keyboard "Alt+6"),
      My Question -which is not found until now- is how to select more text with keyboard after selecting a part,
      it had to be solved with "Shift + arrows" in most of text editors, so i want the equivalent in "Foxitreader"

Best.
      Last edited by MB_7; 03-30-2017, 12:26 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Doris Wang View Post
        Sorry, This had solved my problem many thanks
        I was confused and I didnt know that there is a difference between the select tool of "Hand" feature and the select tool of "Select Text" feature in foxit reader.
        So as a conclusion, to do my stuff, I have to:

"Alt+6" = then select the text and using keyboard to extend the selected text "shift+arrows/ctrl+shift+arrows".
        "Alt+3" = to return the hand feature to allow arrows to work as a scrollers. (also switching between the two modes/features can still be used to select more text)

It could be perfect if the two features were gathered in one because it is annoying a bit (like some of the pdf viewers, where we can scroll while we can select more text at the same time by holding another key with arrows).
        Any way, switching between the two modes can be done using the "Alt+3/6".

I wish this will help other beginner users of foxit readers in the future (especially those who use touchpads like me )

Best regards.

Comment

Working...
        X