Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Reader 8.2.1 — Chameleon Status Bar (ALSO: how to delete highlights?)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reader 8.2.1 — Chameleon Status Bar (ALSO: how to delete highlights?)

Hi, there.

I've just upgraded from Foxit Reader v. 7.2.0.722 to v. 8.2.1.

When I open Reader, the Status Bar at the bottom of the window is dark. Then, after a few seconds, it reverts to the default grey. It's a minor distraction—Reader works fine otherwise.

Screen cap here:
    http://i.imgur.com/sL7TMUr.png

Oh! One other thing....

Is it possible to delete a color highlight from a chunk of text after the document has been saved and/or closed?

When the highlight is fresh, I'm able to delete it by right-clicking on the highlight, then choosing Properties > Delete. But if I try to delete the highlight an hour (or day) later, right-clicking fails to evoke the Properties menu at all. I've tried clicking the Selection Tool and also the Hand, but can't seem to get back to the Properties menu. It's as if the highlight had become permanently embedded.

This quandary has dogged me through several versions of Reader. Any thoughts as to what I'm doing wrong?

Kind thanks for your help.

Brooks

-----------------------

Foxit Reader v. 8.2.1
    Windows 7 Pro x64, SP1

BrooksNYC

Sorry for the inconvenience. For the status bar issue, I cannot reproduce the issue on Windows 7 Pro x64, SP1, would you please help to perform a fresh reinstallation of Foxit Reader as the following way to see if it helps?
    1) Uninstall Reader from the control panel.
    2) Press "Window + r" input "regedit" press Enter, find folder "Foxit Reader" under the directory "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Foxit Software\Foxit Reader" and delete it.
    3) Go to the installation folder of Foxit Reader, somewhere like:C:\Program Files\Foxit Software, delete the folder"Foxit Reader"
    4) Download it from the following link and run it as Admin to install the program.
    http://cdn09.foxitsoftware.com/pub/foxit/reader/desktop/win/8.x/8.2/en_us/FoxitReader821_enu_Setup_Prom.exe

For the highlight issue, I'm a little confused, there is no Delete in Properties dialog box, if you right click on the highlight, select Delete, the highlight will be deleted, of course, you cannot select the highlight properties again, do I miss something? Would you please sends us the screenshots to show the issue you have?

Comment

Dear Lyndi Wu,

Forgive me for not responding sooner to your message. I had a crazy week, and no time to try your uninstall/reinstall procedure. Finally got around to it this morning!

The procedure was mostly helpful, so thanks! Among other things, I found registry entries for three previous Foxit Reader installations, and uninstalled them all.

Results:

The reinstall resolved my highlight deletion problem. Before this morning's reinstallation, the right-click context menu was missing two items: A "Delete" option and a "Properties" option. There was no way to delete an existing highlight, nor was it possible to change the appearance of the highlight via the "Properties" menu. Happily, both problems have been resolved.

Still unresolved is the flickering status bar. Still flickering! But as I say, I'm not going to worry about it.

All the best, and thanks again for your help.

Brooks

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Windows 7 Pro x64, SP1
      Foxit Reader 8.2.1.6871

Comment

Hi, thanks for the information, the link I was really useful

Comment

BrooksNYC

About the flickering status bar, does the issue just happen to Foxit?Do you have any other programs opening when the status bar flickering? Do you get the same issue when just opening Foxit program?

Comment

Working...
          X