Foxit Linux: unreadable button and menu text on KDE Plasma

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bug Foxit Linux: unreadable button and menu text on KDE Plasma

I really love the Linux version of Foxit PDF: it's the only PDF reader on linux which lets me do what I need. But with Linux Mint KDE and the default Plasma theme, i.e. breeze dark (https://store.kde.org/content/show.p...content=170330) , the menus have light grey text on grey background, and they're unreadable, see attached pic.
    Is there a way to fix this?

Update: I played with the color settings of KDE Plasma. It seems that Foxit ignores the color scheme settings for the layout background and for the button background: these two are white in foxit reader and are not influenced by the settings of the color scheme. That's why with dark themes text is unreadable. Dark themes like breeze dark use a dark layout background and dark button background, and light (or white) button text. Foxit always uses white layout background and button background (even if it should be dark according to the color scheme setting). Instead, it uses the color specified in the color scheme for the button text: the result is light text on white background.
    Last edited by David_brc; 04-27-2017, 01:50 PM.

Comment

Dear David_brc,

I have submitted this situation "unreadable button and menu text on KDE Plasma with the default Plasma theme"you mentioned to our internal bug tracking system for our QA team to do further analysis with report ID#MACLNX-1508.
      I will keep you informed for any updates about this issue.

Comment

Originally posted by Lisa_lee View Post
        Dear David_brc,

I have submitted this situation "unreadable button and menu text on KDE Plasma with the default Plasma theme"you mentioned to our internal bug tracking system for our QA team to do further analysis with report ID#MACLNX-1508.
        I will keep you informed for any updates about this issue.
        Thanks a lot Lisa_lee!

Comment

Working...
        X