Problems with missing files installing Update of Foxit Reader

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bug Problems with missing files installing Update of Foxit Reader

I tried updating Foxit Reader today when I received a notification that an update was available. However, I keep getting messages saying certain files are missing or locked. It started with unins000 files (.msg, .dat) and now it's saying a file is missing from the plugins subfolder, but I don't have a plugins subfolder on my computer under FoxitReader subfolder. See attached photo

The unins000.msg file had been renamed, I guess during a previous unsuccessful update attempt, but I've no idea where the other files have gone, and it appears I can't uninstall the current version, or install the new version, because the process simply stops and says it can't go any further due to files not being available.

Any help much appreciated

Thanks
    ItAintMe Click image for larger version

Name:	Foxit1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	60.2 KB
ID:	163666

@ItAintMe,

Please try the manual update and see if it helps:
    1) Please access the installation directory (By default it is: "C:\Program Files\Foxit Software\Foxit Reader"), double-click unins000.exe to remove existing version;
    2) Download the most current version 8.3.0 directly from Foxit website then right-click on the setup to choose "Run as administrator" to install: https://www.foxitsoftware.com/downloads/

Thank you.

Comment

Working...
    X