Can't add black text!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't add black text!

I don't want to be rude, but why the heck is there no color option for black?! This should be the most basic feature for adding text, instead my next best choice is dark blue?! Why not add a color wheel for custom colors, not hip enough?

xyzdragon

Did you mean adding the text using typewriter tool? If yes, you could change the color from "Comment Format" menu which would appear once you place the cursor on the page after you select the Typewriter tool. Please give it a try.

If you didn't mean Typewriter tool, please let us know which tool you tried to use so I could better advise. Thank you.

Comment

I'm so sorry, somehow I forgot to check the forum for an answer even though a response came after only one day. In the meantime after upgrading it works again. The color wheel is gone and the text tool is a tad harder to find (not by default in the toolbar anymore), but I can now choose any color I want, even a background color. thank you.

Comment

I have the same question. I'm using Foxit Mobile PDF and I only get 8 color options in Pencil mode. How do I get basic blue/black options?

Comment

swebb07g To change color in Foxit Mobile PDF, once selecting Pencil tool and clicking the middle Properties option, you could slide color items toward left to open the color bar. And then you could select a color you want. See the screenshot attached for the option.

Attached Files

Comment

Hello! I have no "middle properties option". I'm attaching a screenshot so you can see. I would like to use any color I would like in the pencil tool, please

Attached Files

Comment

meiastar ,Thanks for your reply. According to the screenshot you sent,I suppose that you are still using older version of Foxit MobilePDF application.
              Please help to update to latest version from App store,then you should be able to get the custom color by sliding from right to left on those color items or just tap on the little white dot under those color items.Please refer to attached screenshot:slide.png.
              And I have also submitted the suggestion"Make the custom color bar on a more prominent position in Foxit MobilePDF" to our internal feature system for our product marketing's reference with suggestion ID#MOB-2652.
              Attached Files

Comment

Have the exact same issue but on Mac. I mean seriously, no black? And there's no special menu available to fix it. I specifically downloaded Foxit so I could insert text on a PDF, now I'm uninstalling.

Comment

ataland

I've escalated your comments as feedback to PM team so they could add the feature to support "choosing customized colors, or add the BLACK color to the color palette". Suggestion ID#: MACLNX-1868. Thank you.

Comment

Try by pressing ctrl-b?

Comment

Crazy software world nowadays. Typewriter text is invisible! Who would think that that would be a good idea?!! Uninstalled. Makes me wonder what other bugs and possible security issues there are with this software. Thank-you.

Comment

Dear Bill30000,

I am sorry that I am still not clear about the situation"Typewriter text is invisible" that you mentioned.
                        Do you mean the texts that the texts that you inputted via typewriter tool in PDF file got lost suddenly or the texts that you tried to input via typewrite tool is transparent and you can not see them?
                        We also need to know your OS information(eg:mine is windows10x64bit) and please go to "Help"tab in Foxit Reader>"About Foxit Reader"to check its version information.

Comment

Working...
                        X