Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't edit color under Typewriter Properties

Hello,

I cannot seem to edit the color of a comment when I Right Click > Properties > Appearance and under appearance, there is no color settings. I would like to do it this way so that I can change the color of multiple comments all at the same time. It would really save me some time.

Any help or suggestion would be appreciated. Thank you.

qaxie

You may go under "Comment"->"Typewriter"->click on the typewriter text, then you can see a new menu "Comment Format" appears. You could then change the color under "Comment Format" menu. After you've changed the color per your needs, you could right-click on the typewriter text and click "Set Current Properties as Default".

Comment

Originally posted by cherry View Post
      qaxie

You may go under "Comment"->"Typewriter"->click on the typewriter text, then you can see a new menu "Comment Format" appears. You could then change the color under "Comment Format" menu. After you've changed the color per your needs, you could right-click on the typewriter text and click "Set Current Properties as Default".
      Hello @cherry,

Thank you for the reply. I followed your suggestion and when I click on a text, it enters Free Text Tools. Under Free Text Tools, I cannot change the color of my text under Comment Format.
      Click image for larger version

Name:	ss (2017-06-15 at 12.32.02).png
Views:	1
Size:	28.7 KB
ID:	164232

I find that I could only change the color in Comment Format by doubling clicking on the box and highlighting the word.

Name:	ss (2017-06-15 at 12.35.28).png
Size:	29.0 KB
ID:	164233

I would like to change the color of multiple text at the same time but this is what I get. The options in Comment Format cannot be edited.

Name:	ss (2017-06-15 at 12.36.57).png
Size:	28.7 KB
ID:	164234

What I wanted to do is to change the color of multiple texts all at the same time. This is what I found in the Help section: https://help.foxitsoftware.com/kb/ho...g-comments.php and I have tried it already. However, this is the result that I get.

Name:	ss (2017-06-15 at 12.45.07).png
Size:	33.9 KB
ID:	164235

Since its under the Help section, I think that this feature is in the program but I just don't know how to do it correctly or if I'm doing something wrong.

Any suggestion would be appreciated. Thank you.

Comment

Dear qaxie,

Thanks for your reply.I am sorry that it must be mentioned currently there is still no way to batch change the text color for multiple typewriter texts).
        For this situation,I have submitted the suggestion"Supports to batch change text color for multiple typewriter texts at the same time" as a new feature to our internal feature system for our product marketing's reference with suggestion ID#Phantom-4803,so that it may be considered in future versions.
        What you said is right,we have to change the color in Comment Format by doubling clicking on one of the comments box and highlighting the word.
        We also have a article which conducts users how to change the font color of the typewriter,following is the article:
        https://help.foxitsoftware.com/kb/ho...typewriter.php

"How to change the color for all the existing comments"this article you mentioned is for changing the comments appearance color rather than changing the comments texts color.
        For example,change the color of textbox border or Callout border (please refer to attached screenshot:border.jpg). Change the color of highlight,area highlight,underline,ect(please refer
        to attached screenshot:highlight and text markups.jpg).Hope this explanation make sense.

Attached Files

Comment

Hello Lisa_lee,

Thank you for replying. Thank you for submitting the suggestion and I hope that it may be implemented in the future. It would be an incredibly useful function.

Thank you for your provided example; it made things clear.
          When I was trying to find a solution, that link was one of the google search links so I jumped to it without going through its sub-topics. It wasn't really made clear for which feature it was pertaining to. On the address link, it's just under kb(Knowledge Base) and at the side, only general was highlighted. This caused some confusion. This is just a minor concern but it would be good if the website can provide more information about which topic this is for, etc. Not big of an issue.

Thanks.

Comment

Dear qaxie ,

Thanks for your reply.Regarding the article under "General" catalog in our Knowledge base system,we have already moved this article"How to change the Font color of the typewriter"under the "Comment/Annotations" catalog.

Comment

Working...
            X