No announcement yet.

segmentation fault (core dumped)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• crash segmentation fault (core dumped)

I installed FoxitReader2.4.0.14978_Server_x64_enu_Setup.run.ta r.gz
    I have the following issue when I try to open a pdf:

[log] "getDocId"

(FoxitReader:25580): GLib-GObject-WARNING **: cannot register existing type 'GdkDisplayManager'

(FoxitReader:25580): GLib-CRITICAL **: g_once_init_leave: assertion 'result != 0' failed

(FoxitReader:25580): GLib-GObject-CRITICAL **: g_object_new: assertion 'G_TYPE_IS_OBJECT (object_type)' failed
    [1] 25580 segmentation fault (core dumped) FoxitReader

I'm running Ubuntu 16.04.2 LTS 64 bits

Dear codymonster,

I apologize for any hassle and inconvenience this may cause for you.As to this situation you mentioned,please help to send us the following information for further analysis:
    1: Did this issue happen to all PDF files or just some specific PDF files?
    2:Please send us one PDF file sample.
    3:How about if you just open the PDF file itself without opening any PDF file? If the Foxit Reader for Linux itself could be opened,please help to go to "Help"menu in Foxit Reader>"About Foxit Reader"to open the about dialog box there,please double click on the word "Foxit"there three times ,then should be a new pop-up window appear in which you are able to set Foxit output log path.
    Please set log path there and click"OK",restart your Foxit Reader to make the settings to take effect.Please help to send us the send the log file for us after you having reproduced the crash issue again.

If it is inconvenience to upload the files here, you may email it to support@foxitsoftware.com (Attn:Lisa). And indicate this thread link. Thank you.

Comment

Dear Lisa,
      I just sent a mail with the log files
      My ticket ID is [FOXIT #103317]
      Thanks
      Last edited by nboettcher; 06-19-2017, 08:51 PM.

Comment

Dear nboettcher,

I have received your letter and the issue "When Foxit Reader for Linux opens any pdf,it crashes after 5 seconds approximately" has already been submitted to our internal bug tracking system for our QA team to do further analysis with report ID#MACLNX-1680.I will keep you informed for any progress about it by email.

Comment

Working...
        X