No announcement yet.

"Connect/Connected Review" segmentation fault (core dumped)

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• crash "Connect/Connected Review" segmentation fault (core dumped)

I'm using the last FoxitReader version under Ubuntu 16.04.02 LTS 64 bits.
    When I click on "Connect/Connected Review" it crashes and I get the following message throught the CLI:

(FoxitReader:12095): GLib-GObject-WARNING **: cannot register existing type 'GdkDisplayManager'

(FoxitReader:12095): GLib-CRITICAL **: g_once_init_leave: assertion 'result != 0' failed

(FoxitReader:12095): GLib-GObject-CRITICAL **: g_object_new: assertion 'G_TYPE_IS_OBJECT (object_type)' failed
    [1] 12095 segmentation fault (core dumped) FoxitReader

I apologize for the inconvenience.Firstly,please go to "Help"menu in Foxit Reader>"About Foxit Reader"to check its version number.
    If it is not the latest version,please help to install the latest version 2.4.1 by downloading it below:
    Linux X86:

Linux X64:

If the issue still persists in the newest version,please help to send us the following information for further analysis:
    1: Did this issue happen to all PDF files when you trie to click on the "Connected Review"icon under the "Connect"menu in Foxit Reader for linux or just some specific PDF files?
    Please send us one PDF file sample.
    2:Please help to get the crash log for us by going to "HELP"menu in Foxit Reader>"About Foxit Reader",then please use your mouse to double
    click on the "Foxit Reader"texts on the about dialog box three times continuously, there will be a new dialog box pop up which asks you to configure the crash log settings,please choose
    to output the log file there.Then the log file will be generated on your desktop automatically when the crash issue happens again.

If it is inconvenience to upload the files here, you may email it to (Attn:Lisa). And indicate this thread link. Thank you.