Foxit Pauses for Several Seconds After Startup

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bug Foxit Pauses for Several Seconds After Startup

[edit: added Foxit Reader version, and clarified that issue occurs even when not opening a PDF]

Foxit Reader Version: 8.3.0.14878

Issue: When starting up (whether opening a file or not), Foxit Reader becomes unresponsive or several seconds before proceeding normally.

Expected Behavior: When starting up, Foxit Reader should operate without pause.

Thanks!
    Last edited by wilkinsonam; 07-21-2017, 03:33 PM.

Dear wilkinsonam,

I apologize for the inconvenience.For this situation you mentioned,please help to install our most current version 8.3.1 of Foxit Reader to see if it helps.Please download it below:
    http://cdn01.foxitsoftware.com/pub/f...etup_Clean.exe

Comment

Thanks Lisa_lee. I installed version 8.3.1 this morning, but it did not resolve the issue.

Please let me know if I can be of assistance in resolving this issue.

Comment

Dear wilkinsonam,

I apologize for the inconvenience. As to this situation you mentioned,we still need your help to send us the following information for further analysis:
        1: Do you mean Foxit Reader became unresponsive when you just opened it at the first time after you having restarted your computer or this issue always happened when you tried to open Foxit Reader every time?
        2:Please follow below steps to debug the issue:
        1)Exit Foxit Reader, Go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Foxit Software\Foxit Reader/plugins, please rename the plugins"ConnectedPDFLogin.dll" and "ConnectedPDFLogin64.dll" there.
        Then open your Foxit Reader.If the problem perisits,please go ahead to do the second step.
        2):Exit Foxit Reader, Go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Foxit Software\Foxit Reader/plugins, please rename the plugin"ConnectedPDFDRM.fpi" into "ConnectedPDFDRM_DISABLED.fpi".
        Open Foxit Reader. If the problem persists, go ahead to do the third step.
        3).Exit Foxit Reader, Go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Foxit Software\Foxit Reader/plugins,please rename the plugin"ConnectedPDFPlugin.fpi" into
        "ConnectedPDFPlugindisabled.fpi"there.
        Open Foxit Reader. If the problem persists, go ahead to do the fourth step.
        4)Exit Foxit Reader, Go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Foxit Software\Foxit Reader/plugins,please rename the plugin"CloudReading.fpi" into
        "CloudReadingdisabled.fpi"there.
        Open Foxit Reader and let us know if it could be opened normally?

Comment

Working...
        X