No announcement yet.

Why I'm still using 2009's FoxitReader 1.1 : clockwise rotation before printing

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Feature Why I'm still using 2009's FoxitReader 1.1 : clockwise rotation before printing

Hi,
    Just installed a brand new laptop, and I had (again) to install the 2009 Linux version (FoxitReader 1.1).
    For those who aren't aware, Foxit stopped it's Linux development back in 2009, FoxitReader 1.1 being the last and final version. Then they started fresh in 2015 (see https://www.foxitsoftware.com/company/press.php?id=408).

But there was a great feature in FoxitReader 1.1, that I don't find in the latest Linux version (2.4), nor in the latest Windows version (8.3) : it's the ability to rotate the CONTENT of a PDF clockwise just before printing.
    Orientation (Portrait or Landscape) remains the same, it's the content that gets rotated.See attached screenshots : 03-before-clockwise-rotation, then 04-after-clockwise-rotation.

Now, why would you wanna do that ? Well, I'm using a software that prints out checks, but their orientation is wrong, so I have to rotate clockwise before printing.

The old FoxitReader 1.1 seems to be the only game in town who can handle this task, neither Windows FoxitReader 8 nor the new Linux FoxitReader 2 can do that...
    Attached Files
    Last edited by chentao; 08-08-2017, 11:51 PM.

chentao

Thank you for your suggestion. I have forwarded your request to our team, they will consider it in future version, report IDļ¼šMAClNX-1759.

Comment

Working...
    X