Frustrated: the thread I started got deleted without resolution

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Frustrated: the thread I started got deleted without resolution

Around 8th July I started a thread about restoring the last view settings when reopening. Lisa Lee was dealing with it, and we exchanged a few messages in the thread. Not having heard back for a couple of weeks I decided to check out the thread, but it is gone. What on earth is going on???? Please let me know. Many thanks.

Klaas Vaak

So sorry for the trouble. Maybe there is something wrong with our system, I have reported the issue to our team, and they will try to restore the thread if possible, now would you please help to describe your question again and the issue progress in this thread or email them to support@foxitsoftware.com, then we can better advice? Sorry again for the inconvenience.

Comment

lyndi_wu
      Thanks for getting back to me.
      My problem is that, despite having put a check mark in "Restore last view settings when reopening" (Preferences/History) Foxit does not do that. When I shut down my PC, restart, launch Foxit, then open the last document, it starts at page 1.
      Lisa_lee told me to install the latest version 8.3.1.21155, which I did & she sent me a test PDF file to open, go to page 2, then close, then reopen. Still no change.
      That is where we left it.

Comment

Originally posted by lyndi_wu View Post
        Klaas Vaak

So sorry for the trouble. Maybe there is something wrong with our system, I have reported the issue to our team, and they will try to restore the thread if possible, now would you please help to describe your question again and the issue progress in this thread or email them to support@foxitsoftware.com, then we can better advice? Sorry again for the inconvenience.
        Originally posted by Klaas Vaak View Post
        lyndi_wu
        Thanks for getting back to me.
        My problem is that, despite having put a check mark in "Restore last view settings when reopening" (Preferences/History) Foxit does not do that. When I shut down my PC, restart, launch Foxit, then open the last document, it starts at page 1.
        Lisa_lee told me to install the latest version 8.3.1.21155, which I did & she sent me a test PDF file to open, go to page 2, then close, then reopen. Still no change.
        That is where we left it.
        Lyndi, any news???

Comment

Lyndi, what's happening? I am still waiting for a reply !!!!

Comment

Dear Klaas Vaak,

I apologize for any hassle and inconvenience this may cause for you.We have released a newer version 8.3.2 of Foxit Reader.Please help to give it a try at
            your convenience. Please download it from the link below:
            http://cdn09.foxitsoftware.com/pub/f...etup_Clean.exe
            If the issue still persists in the new installation,please help to send us the following information for further analysis:
            1:Your OS information(eg:mine is windows10x64bit).
            2:Please send us some PDF document samples that you have opened.
            3:Please go to start menu to open the command run line, where input "regedit",press Enter to open the Registry Editor. Navigate to
            "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Foxit Software\Foxit Reader 8.0\Preferences\History",please right click on "History" and select"Export"option in the pop-up context menu to export the registration file for us.
            4:If possible, you may use the LiceCap tool to generate an animated gif that shows the problem.
            Here's the download link: http://sync-cn.foxitsoftware.com/iss/Tools/LICEcap.zip
            (Unzip it, then double-click on licecap file, you can then specify the recording area then hit "Record", it requires naming the file first then start recording.)

If it is inconvenience to upload the files here, you may email it to support@foxitsoftware.com (Attn:Lisa). And indicate this thread link. Thank you.

Comment

Lisa,
              thanks for your feedback. I must say I was very disappointed when you dropped me after my 1st approach about this issue, as you can tell from my comment at the top of this page. To be totally honest with you, I am not interested in getting feedback every so many weeks. Either you follow up an issue to the end & at a good rhythm, or you tell the person that you don't have time.

I already uninstalled then reinstalled Foxit once at your suggestion, but that did not fix it, and I don't want to keep doing that in the hope that maybe it is fixed. I have now found a workaround for this issue, which I will keep using until there is a major upgrade that will surely have fixed this bug.

Comment

Dear Klaas Vaak,

I apologize for the delay in response here since there has been a high volume of new posts at that time.
                To get support faster for your Foxit Software, we suggest you go to http://tickets.foxitsoftware.com/create.php and create a case,
                and our support engineers will answer your questions there more quickly.
                We have also online live chat service ,you could communicate with our online operator directly.Please access our website below:
                https://www.foxitsoftware.com/
                Click on the red "HELP"icon on the left-side corner ,then click on "live chat"

In order to track this issue you mentioned in time,I have created a dedicated ticket for you which ticket number is#122893:
                Please check your inbox,the ticket email subject is"Track the issue"despite having put a check mark in "Restore last view settings when reopening" (Preferences/History) Foxit does not do that"".

Comment

Lisa, see attachment for the registry file exported. The extension is changed to .txt.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Klaas Vaak ,thanks for sending the registry file. I have forwarded this situation you met to our internal bug tracking system for our QA team to do further analysis with report ID#QCPHANTOM-4956.Any updates about it,I will keep you informed or you may also write back to support@foxitsoftware.com to track its processing status.

Comment

Working...
                    X