Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Inserting special characters + turning off zoom

Hi my esteemed mates,

I’m trying to insert the bullet symbol preceding text in FoxIt Reader (FREE version 5.4.2.0901 – Windows 7 – 32 bit) but it doesn’t copy and insert the bullet symbol.

Ex. • ( Text which follows)

When I copy and paste text into the document I just get text and no symbol (special character).

Would you pls share a way to ensure that special characters (symbols) get inserted into a document in FoxIt Reader?

I read a post from somewhere there was supposed to be an Insert Special Character icon which I don’t see in my version.

Also, if I want to undo something like turning zooming off is there an easy way to do that? I wanted to zoom in and instead of easily using the task-bar zoom (shame on me!) I must have used Edit>Zoom so that tiny magnifying glass remains so I could never turn it off.

Thank you so much!

yearn to learn

May I suggest you to update to the latest version8.3.2 which you can insert bullet symbol ?

In addition, you can use Previous view or Next view back to the last view to see if it helps.

Comment

Hi lyndi, Can you pls share the official site link to Foxit Reader version8.3.2?

Will I lose any fucntiosn or features by updating from FREE version 5.4.2.0901?

Thanks so much!

Comment

yearn to learn You could always download most current version of Foxit Reader from our official download center below:
        https://www.foxitsoftware.com/downloads/
        Compare with version 5.x of Foxit Reader,there are lots of new features in version 6,version 7 and version 8.
        For more details,please refer to the our Foxit Reader version history page below:
        https://www.foxitsoftware.com/pdf-re...on-history.php

Comment

Hi Lisa,

Thank you!

Comment

Hi Lyndi and Lisa,

I downloaded and installed version 8.3.2.

When I go into Typewriter, I do not see where you can ad symbols (e.g. a bullet symbol, etc.).

Can you please share the precise steps I need to take to insert a special symbol?

Thank you so much for all your kind help!

Comment

yearn to learn

Please go to "Comment"->"Typewriter" then input some text, you'll then see a "Paragraph" group tools appears at the top, then choose the first icon "Bullets". Thank you.

Comment

Working...
              X