Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FoxitReader signature validation

Dear FoxitReader support team,

I am playing with signature validation functionality in FoxitReader v8.2.2051.

When I open digitally signed PDF, the tab "Digital Signatures" shows the following info:

Click image for larger version  Name:	FoxitReader_verify_signature_1.png Views:	1 Size:	32.5 KB ID:	165485
    The message reads "Signature was not yet verified". How the user knows that he needs to press "Validate" button on "Protect" toolbar for validation to happen? I suggest to automatically perform validation if user navigates to "Digital Signatures" tab, or (less preferred) provide him concrete instructions how to initiate validation (maybe duplicate "Validate" button in this view)?

I also expect that when I press "Validate" button, the tab "Digital Signatures" is automatically opened (drawn with green arrow below). Otherwise how the user knows where/how to check validation results? "Validate" action shows no message at all...

Also info window has error: the word "unknow" is misspelled.

Click image for larger version  Name:	FoxitReader_verify_signature_2.png Views:	1 Size:	45.1 KB ID:	165486
    Last edited by dma_k; 10-02-2017, 03:47 PM.

Dear dma_k,

Thanks for your post.Regarding the issue"the word "unknow" in signature panel is misspelled",it has been submitted to our internal bug system for further processing with report ID#QCPHANTOM-5223.
    In fact,you just need to double click on the signatuare in PDF file,then our Foxit Reader will validate the corresponding signature automatically and then there would be a popup appeared with the signature validation status included.

Comment

Originally posted by Lisa_lee View Post
      Dear dma_k,
      In fact,you just need to double click on the signatuare in PDF file,then our Foxit Reader will validate the corresponding signature automatically and then there would be a popup appeared with the signature validation status included.
      Thanks for reply. Could you be more verbose concerning where to doubleclick? Where is that "signature in PDF file" (toolbar, sidebar, ...)?

I have yet another suggestion. When PDF document was signed and afterwards was modified e.g. by means of FoxitReader, then next time it is opened validation reports that the signature is correct. However it should report a warning message like "The document is partially signed" or "The document was modified since it had been signed", because the modifications may hide/replace the original information, hence the document is not trustworthy anymore.

Comment

Dear dma_k,

Thanks for your post.The typo issue("the word "unknown" in signature panel is misspelled) will be rectified in our next major release version 9.0.
        Regarding where to doubleclick,please help to attached two images to know how to:step1.jpg step2.jpg.

When PDF document was signed and afterwards was modified,you also just double click on the signature to validate it.

Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Lisa_lee View Post
          Dear dma_k,
          When PDF document was signed and afterwards was modified,you also just double click on the signature to validate it.
          OK, now I see the point of confusion. You document contains the visible signature, which in fact is optional in PDF document.
          Here is the example of PDF document which is only digitally signed.
          1. When I doubleclick on the node "Certified by ...", the node is expanded and FoxitReader jumps to the end of the document.
            At this step I see an issue, because as given document does not contain any visible part of the signature, there is no need to jump anywhere. This is pointless.
          2. The expanded view has an entry "Signature was not yet verified". Now as user I am confused, because I need somehow to guess that I either need to call context menu on node "Certified by ..." and then click on "Validate Signature" menu item, or search "Validate" button on the toolbar.
            Ideally the verification should happen automatically once the user clicks on "Manage digital signatures" side tab. Validation is quick process, right? Otherwise it could be started on the background.

Comment

Dear dma_k,

Thanks for your reply.To make Foxit Reader to verify signatures when the PDF file is opened,please do the following setting in Foxit Reader:
            Go to "File"tab in Foxit Reader>"Preferences">"Signature",please check the option"Verify sginatures when the document is opened" >click "OK"to save the setting.

Comment

Working...
            X