Foxit Reader Crashes on Ubuntu 17.04

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• crash Foxit Reader Crashes on Ubuntu 17.04

hello, i was using Foxitreader on Ubuntu 17.04 for more than a month, and it was working great but now when i try to open any pdf files the app closes immediately.
    i run FoxitReader.sh and i got the following output attached

Attached Files

Dear Hema-Essam,

Sorry for the trouble our software causes to you.As to this situation you mentioned,we suggest you try to perform a fresh installation for your Foxit Reader for Linux to see if
    it helps.You may download our latest version 2.4 of Foxit Reader for Linux from our official download center below:
    https://www.foxitsoftware.com/downloads/
    If the issue still persists,please help to send us the following information for further analysis:
    1:How about if you open the Foxit Reader application itself without opening any PDF file? If it could be opened there,please
    Please help to go to "Help"menu in Foxit Reader>"About Foxit Reader"to open the about dialog box there,please double click on the word "Foxit"there three times ,then should be a new pop-up window appear in which you are able to set Foxit output log path.
    Please set log path there and click"OK",restart your Foxit Reader to make the settings to take effect.Please help to send us the send the log file for us after you having reproduced the crash issue again.
    2:Please send us one PDF file sample .
    3:Is there any error message indicated when you try to open PDF file?

Comment

Originally posted by Lisa_lee View Post
      Dear Hema-Essam,

Sorry for the trouble our software causes to you.As to this situation you mentioned,we suggest you try to perform a fresh installation for your Foxit Reader for Linux to see if
      it helps.You may download our latest version 2.4 of Foxit Reader for Linux from our official download center below:
      https://www.foxitsoftware.com/downloads/
      If the issue still persists,please help to send us the following information for further analysis:
      1:How about if you open the Foxit Reader application itself without opening any PDF file? If it could be opened there,please
      Please help to go to "Help"menu in Foxit Reader>"About Foxit Reader"to open the about dialog box there,please double click on the word "Foxit"there three times ,then should be a new pop-up window appear in which you are able to set Foxit output log path.
      Please set log path there and click"OK",restart your Foxit Reader to make the settings to take effect.Please help to send us the send the log file for us after you having reproduced the crash issue again.
      2:Please send us one PDF file sample .
      3:Is there any error message indicated when you try to open PDF file?
      i tried all of that but i still get the same error attached in the original post

Comment

Dear Hema-Essam,

Regarding this crash issue,it has been forwarded to our internal bug tracking system for our QA team to do further analysis with report ID:MACLNX-1792.
        However,we still need to know how about if you the stand-alone Foxit Reader directly without opening any PDF file?

Look forward to your reply.

Comment

Working...
        X