Foxit Reader 9 became totally unusable

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Foxit Reader 9 became totally unusable

Dear Devs, with all due respect but have you ever heard saying "Do not fix what ain't broken"?

What on our lovely Earth have you done this for?

1. Remove accessibility option "Only change the content in black/white color"?

Before when I open a scanned (raster) document the white background would turn into 235, 235, 235 RGB according to the set custom colors if the box "Only change the content in black/white color" is not checked. Now in v. 9 you totally removed this option and its effects, and I cannot make the blazing white background for scanned PDF documents less stressful for my eyes. V. 9 can only change the background of vector graphics but not of a raster one. Why have you done this? It worked so wonderful in all previous version and for some reason you decided just to get rid of this extremely useful feature?

2. Before when I added text and set its color it stayed always this color even after amending this text by double clicking on it. Now in v. 9 when I double click onto added text of, for example, dark blue color, in order to make some amendment the text becomes BLACK AGAIN! Why on Earth could that ever be considered convenient? Why have you done this?

I've downgraded into 8.3.2 with a risk of getting a virus because, you, Dear Devs, did not provide a link to previous version on your site. Luckily the installer I've downloaded happened to be a genuine one.

I hope this message will be heard by the Devs and they will stop depriving Foxit Reader of its useful features.

Oversemper

Thanks for the post. Could you please provide us following info?
    1) Please provide us an example raster document so we could compare the displaying difference between Version 8.x and Version 9.0 then better forward your comments as suggestion to PM team so they may consider to add the mentioned option back;
    2) Regarding the added text color been changed after amending the text, I got no luck to reproduce the issue on my side. Could you please let us know which tool did you use and how exactly to reproduce the issue so we could try again and further proceed?

If you don't want the PDF document been uploaded here, you may email it to support@foxitsoftware.com, Attn: Cherry. I'll follow up with this. Thank you.

Comment

Oversemper

Thanks for the post. Could you please provide us following info?
      1) Please provide us an example raster document so we could compare the displaying difference between Version 8.x and Version 9.0 then better forward your comments as suggestion to PM team so they may consider to add the mentioned option back;
      2) Regarding the added text color been changed after amending the text, I got no luck to reproduce the issue on my side. Could you please let us know which tool did you use and how exactly to reproduce the issue so we could try again and further proceed?

If you don't want the PDF document been uploaded here, you may email it to support@foxitsoftware.com, Attn: Cherry. I'll follow up with this. Thank you.

Comment

cherry
        Thanks for a quick reaction!

1) I've uploaded example.pdf and two screenshots from 8.3.2. showing how I can change the background of this document. Again, v. 9 is missing this option altogether and the background is always white.

2) I'm using the typewriter. Selected typerwriter, clicked onto page, started typing (text is black on default), selected text, changed to blue in format options, saved, doubled clicked onto the text to amend it, the text immediately turned into black and I have to select it and change format manually again. If you cannot reproduce it, I can record a video as a proof and provide necessary info for tracing and fixing it, since it looks like a bug rather than a feature.
        Attached Files

Comment

Oversemper

Thanks for the update. I've escalated the accessibility issue to Foxit internal bug tracking system for QA team and Dev team's further investigation. Report ID#: QCPHANTOM-5953.
          The typewriter issue has been reported to internal bug track system as Report ID#: QCPHANTOM-5954. Thank you.

Comment

Working...
          X