Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Silent install of Foxit Reader Enterprise 8.3.2 no working as expected

Hello,

I want to update Foxit Reader Enterprise 7.0.8 to 8.3.2 on several PCs using Powershell App Deploy Toolkit and Configmgr but it seems some MSI parameters are ignored.
    I'm using the MSI and FR.MST extracted from FoxitReader832_L10N_Setup.iso and the following command line :

Code:
    msiexec.exe /i FoxitReader_Enterprise.msi TRANSFORMS=fr.mst /qn /norestart ADDLOCAL="FX_PDFVIEWER,FX_FIREFOXPLUGIN,FX_SPELLCHECK,FX_CREATOR,FX_CONVERTEXT,FX_SE" MAKEDEFAULT="1" VIEW_IN_BROWSER="1" CPDF_DISABLE="1" DESKTOP_SHORTCUT="0" STARTMENU_SHORTCUT="1" AUTO_UPDATE="0" NOTINSTALLUPDATE="1"
    Problem is some parameters like VIEW_IN_BROWSER seem to be ignored because PDF files are not opened inside Internet Explorer. I'm not facing this problem if installing this MSI file manually.

Am I missing something ? Thanks in advance.

Dear sroy,

Thanks for your post. For installing Foxit Reader on windows7 OS,Foxit Reader MSI installer will self-register itself to be default to system and browser during the process of setup.
    So you don't need to add "MAKEDEFAULT" and "VIEW_IN_BROWSER" these two parameters in installation commandline.

For windows8(or above) OS,you just need to set MAKEDEFAULT="1" in installation commandline (Don't need to set VIEW_IN_BROWSER="1"),then Foxit Reader will be installed as default as your system default PDF viewer and default PDF plugin in IE web browser.

Our most current version of Foxit Reader is V9.0.1 which could be downloaded from the link below:
    http://cdn09.foxitsoftware.com/produ..._enu_Setup.msi

Comment

Working...
    X