Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Linux Foxit Reader 2.4.1 - How to disable ConnectedPDF...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Linux Foxit Reader 2.4.1 - How to disable ConnectedPDF...

Hello,

I am running Foxit Reader 2.4.1.0609 in Linux Mint 18.3 (64K bits) and I would like to find out how to disable ConnectedPDF, "Online Comment", "Protect Document".

I have found many entries on this topic in the forum but they are:
    1) applicable to Windows version of foxit reader
    2) The "Help"->"About Foxit Plug-ins" is not available in my version of foxit reader
    and hence they are of no help to me.

So what is the best way to disable them? I have even totally deleted the fxplugins directory.

BTW, when I installed Foxit Reader, I did not run it at root account and as a result it is installed into ~/opt/foxitsoftware/foxitreader.

Thanks,

Rover

RoverSmith

Currently it is not supported to disable ConnectedPDF features in Foxit Reader for Linux. Could you please kindly let us know why you need to disable Connected PDF so I could forward your comments as suggestion to PM team for processing? Thank you.

Comment

I would like to be match the functionality of the Windows' version which supports disabling these 'functionalities'. In particular "Connected Review" "Online Comment Board". There is no opt-out as these functionalities are hardwire in Linux version to opt-in.

I may revert back to 2.4.0.14978 which I have kept a copy in which I could disable them or they are not there.

It is a good product otherwise and trust me as I have tested just about all PDF Readers in Linux with commenting capability and Foxit is almost on the top list. PDF-XChange Viewer does not yet has a Linux version. Some reader like Okular's commenting markup parts are by default stored elsewhere and inaccessible by other PDF readers.

Hopefully the same functionalities in Windows are made available in future Linux version.

Rover

Comment

RoverSmith

I've forwarded your comments as suggestion to PM team for further processing. Suggestion ID#: MACLNX-1834. You may email to support@foxitsoftware.com with this ID# to track the processing status any time. Thank you.

Comment

Working...
        X