Replacing document colors stopped working in some cases

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Replacing document colors stopped working in some cases

After last update of Foxit Reader (to version: 9.0.1.1049, but I might have skipped few last updates - so the problem could arise a bit earlier) accessibility option to replace document colors stopped working in some cases.
    I used it for years - to invert black and white colors. And in some PDF documents it still works fine, but in others - not any more. I.e. color of text and partially of background is replaced correctly - but not fully (white color of background under sections with text is kept - making it impossible to read anything). Take a look at screenshot:

Click image for larger version  Name:	foxit-inverted.BW.jpg Views:	1 Size:	101.9 KB ID:	166184

The blueish area is just selected text (to show that there really is some text).
    In attachment there is sample page from one of PDF files causing this problem.

There is one more small problem in Foxit Reader - after changing aforementioned options in Preferences - they are not applied to open files when I click OK button. I have to refresh view - for example by toggling full screen, reopening file, rotating it, activating Text Viewer, etc.

I'm using Windows 8.1 Home.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Tempik; 02-17-2018, 02:25 PM.

Dear Tempik,

Thanks for using Foxit Software.Regarding the situation"replace document color does not apply immediately",it is a known issue in our existing version of Foxit Reader with report ID#QCPHANTOM-6751.It will be expected to be rectified in our next release version of Foxit Reader 9.1 if everything goes well.

Concerning the issue"Replacing document colors stopped working",it has been submitted to our internal bug tracking system for our QA team to do further analysis with report ID#QCPHANTOM-7174.
    I will keep you informed for any updates about it.

Comment

I have the same issue and I already subbmited the issue to bug tracking system. Meanwhile I changed my window version from Windows 7 to Windows 10 pro and the problem is gone but I'm still looking for solution for this bug because many other computers in my office are using Windows 7.

Comment

Thank you for information and looking forward for updates :-)

Comment

Tempik For the first issue"replace document color does not apply immediately",it has already been fixed in our latest released version 9.1 of Foxit Reader.
          You may download the latest version of Foxit Reader from our official download center below to give it a try at your convenienceļ¼š
          https://www.foxitsoftware.com/downloads/

Concerning the second issue"Replacing document colors stopped working",it will also be fixed in our next release version 9.2 of Foxit Reader will be expected to be released
          at the end of next month.Please keep an eye out for the next new release.

Comment

Working...
          X