Printing Problem

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Printing Problem

I am getting the 'Current printing driver is not available' error, but only after I print once. If I reboot the PC I can print again, but only once; any subsequent print request fails.

Re-installing the printer driver doesn't make any difference.

PeteW1959

We got users updated that the issue could be fixed by clearing the redundant registry. Please remove existing version from "Control Panel"->"Programs and Features";
    Then go to "Start"->"Run"-> input regedit -> find "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Foxit Software\Foxit Reader 9.x" and any other versions you could find; "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Foxit Software\Foxit Reader 9.*" to delete the whole folder of Foxit Reader 9.* and any other versions you could find.

Then perform a re-installation of Foxit Reader and see if it helps. If not, please collect the following info and send to support@foxitsoftware.com for further processing:
    1. Your OS type info. (E.g. Win 10, 64-bit)
    2. Your printers models and their printer drivers.
    3. Did this issue happen to all printers or just one specific printer that you have selected?
    4. When the issue happened again, please open system task manager (Ctrl+Alt+Del) to find if there is "splwow64.exe" process running under the "Process"tab.
    5.Check if there's splwow64.exe located under "C:\Windows"

Thank you.

Comment

Have you tried to print on other application like word or excel? Did the problem occur? I guess this is not the error of Foxit reader

Comment

Thanks for the response. I have done as suggested and uninstalled, cleared the registry and re-installed. It has made the problem worse; I now can't print at all.

Answers to your questions:-

1. Your OS type info. (E.g. Win 10, 64-bit)
        Windows 10 64 bit, fully updated

2. Your printers models and their printer drivers.
        HP Laserjet 8150N on driver HP Universal Printing PCL 6 (61.180.1.20062) UPD Version 6.1.0.20062

3. Did this issue happen to all printers or just one specific printer that you have selected?
        I only have the one printer. However it doesn't affect Foxit Reader PDF Printer or Microsoft Print to PDF

4. When the issue happened again, please open system task manager (Ctrl+Alt+Del) to find if there is "splwow64.exe" process running under the "Process"tab.
        splwow64.exe is not running

5.Check if there's splwow64.exe located under "C:\Windows"
        splwow64.exe is in the Windows directory

Comment

PeteW1959

Please change the setting of "Print as Image" in Print dialog and see if it helps? If it is unchecked, please check it and try; If it is checked, please uncheck and see if the change helps.
          Please go to "File"->"Print"->"Advanced"->Check "PCL Optimization" then add the printer to the PCL Optimization list and see if it helps.

If you try to print a Word document to the mentioned HP printer, would it be working fine? Please let us know.

BTW, I've also reported this issue "Current printing driver is not available" to Foxit internal bug tracking system for further analysis. Report ID#: QCPHANTOM-543. We'll update here when this issue been solved. You may also email to support@foxitsoftware.com with this ID# to track the processing status.

Comment

Tried turning on PCL Optimization, and no difference. I can print to the printer from any other app.

Comment

PeteW1959

I've updated it to Report ID#: QCPHANTOM-543. Our Dev team is looking into the problem and I'll update it when the issue been solved. Sorry again for the problem.

Comment

I had exactly the same problem with FoxitReader901_enu_Setup_Prom.exe. (Ver. 9.0.1.1049) Spent 4 hours trying to work out what the problem was before I realised it was Foxit. I did manage to get it to try and print but it just hanged on Spooling.

I uninstalled printer drivers and Foxit then deleted all traces of Foxit and printer registration keys. Fresh installs of each with no success. The print job just hangs on Spooling. Tried various settings PCL Op. Various printer settings. Oddly it hanged on Spooling for print to PDF, which then told me it was the software and not my printers.

I'm running 64bit Windows 7.

Shame Foxit don't allow the option to download a previous stable version. I have just installed new SSD hard drives which is why I downloaded the current version. Unfortunately I did not keep any previous downloaded versions to install. For me a lesson learned.

Hope this is resolved quickly.
                Last edited by bains; 02-15-2018, 12:31 AM.

Comment

I also have the same issue on Windows 10 Professional, 64-bits, with Foxit PhantomPDF and Foxit Reader, both version 9.0.1.1049. And like others, went on a wild goose chase, just to find out that it is the Foxit software that causes the issue.

Printing from Phantom editor and/or the Reader to the Brother HL-4670CDW color printer slow to start. I get a "Spooling print...." pop up window for about a minute or so. Opening the Windows 10 print queue manager shows the same. Canceling the print in the queue also takes long and the printer usually prints out the header and couple of lines of the document anyway. Other MS Office 2013 programs print just fine on the same system and to the same printer. I also have a Brother MFC-8910DW monochrome printer, where there's no delays from either the editor or the reader.

Removed the printer, reinstalled the latest drivers, the same the system had previously, resolves the issue for an undetectable time period before it returns. My other Windows 10 Professional, 64-bits, with Foxit PhantomPDF 7.3.9.816 and Foxit Reader 6.0.6.072 has no issue with the Brother color printer...

I've just purchased the Phantom Editor a week ego, can it be returned?

PS: Both printers are on a 1 Gbs switched network, getting pretty close to that transfer rate for large files between the two Windows 10 systems mentioned in my post..
                  Last edited by Lasernet; 02-18-2018, 12:30 AM. Reason: Added network information for clarity...

Comment

Working...
                  X