No announcement yet.

Foxit Reader Version: - UAC Prompt

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Foxit Reader Version: - UAC Prompt

Just installed Foxit Reader Version: on Server 2012 R2. We publish an EMR via Citrix from these servers. The PDF viewing appears to be ok but when my users try to generate a print preview, they get a User Account Control prompt. Our users are not local admins, nor is that an option. Is there any way around this?

I have also received reports of logos pulled from network share are not displaying on printed PDF's. Related issue?

By the way, during install, I unchecked the box for ConnectedPDF.

Tried going to Properties of FoxitReader.exe and Compatibility tab, Settings for all users, and checking Run as Admin. But that produces even worse results by throwing a Release of Information error stating there was an error launching the preview file, which I suspect came from our EMR system.

On a side note, once a user gets the UAC prompt and cancels out of it, then can immediately try the same action, and it works without prompting.

So I managed to get a screenshot of the UAC details when this happens, see screenshot if it attaches correctly. In the Program Location path, it has this: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Foxit Software\Foxit Reader\FoxitReader.exe" -register

Why is there a "register" switch??? I set the Remove 'Registration' option in Local Group Policy to Enabled.

Click image for larger version

Name:	foxit uac.png
Views:	1
Size:	120.6 KB
ID:	166438

So I went ahead and did the Registration through Foxit Reader and it said Thank You for Registering. Will I get a key of some sort emailed to me or something? If I click on the Registration Plugin again, it takes me back to same Registration web page as though I have never been there before.

1. If I use Foxit GPO templates and Enable the Do not prompt for Registration, I get UAC prompt.
          2. If I use same GPO and choose Not Configured or Disable, I get prompted to Register, if I choose Later, I get UAC prompt.

I haven’t found a way around it yet but basically I need to either Register Foxit, which I went through the process but have not received a Key yet, or find a way to suppress the entire Registration process.

Any help would be greatly appreciated as this is a very time sensitive issue for me.

Dear Jodale1972,

I apologize for the inconvenience. Please install our .msi package of Foxit Reader which won't ask user to register it.
            Following is link for downloading .msi installer of Foxit Reader 9.0.1:
            And then please follow the instructions in the attached document"GPO_deployment_set default on Win8 machines.docx" to set Foxit as system default application without triggering the UAC message.

Attached Files