Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Session restore not working after reboot

Hi Forum--

I have the option settings checked for saving my session. If I close the Foxit window and launch it again, the session restores just fine. But if I reboot while the Foxit window is still open, then after reboot and restart Foxit, the session does not restore. I doubt there's anything we can do on the user side (though I may be wrong of course). Can your developers take a look at this, assuming someone can reproduce the behavior?

Thanks!
    --Myles

BTW, the session feature of Foxit is the whole reason I switched from Sumatra. But if it doesn't work for reboot, then it basically doesn't work. I typically have 5 to 10 technical document PDFs open at a time. I use those same 5 to 10 every day. So I hate having to re-open them all after a reboot. Due to some kind of wireless network bug where I've been working lately, I have to reboot one or two times a day to get my internet back. I guess I need to remember to manually shut down Foxit before rebooting (not sure if that will work; untested). But that should not be necessary.

Comment

smprather Dear smprather,Currently,the file names and file locations of those existing opened PDF files which are opened in Foxit Reader will be stored into registry key at that time when Foxit Reader is closed manually and normally.You didn't close Foxit Reader manually before you rebooted your system,so the file names and file locations of those opened PDF files were not written into into registry key,that is the reason why there is no file is opened automatically when you reopen your Foxit Reader.

For this situation,I have submitted the suggstion"update the opened files’ records in registry key as soon as a new file is opened ,and delete the filename from registry key after the file is closed" to our product marketing team's reference with suggestion ID#PHANTOM-10180.If this new suggestion is implemented in future version,then Foxit Reader will be able to open lasted opened PDF files no matter how Foxit Reader was closed previously.

Comment

Originally posted by Lisa_lee View Post
        smprather Dear smprather,Currently,the file names and file locations of those existing opened PDF files which are opened in Foxit Reader will be stored into registry key at that time when Foxit Reader is closed manually and normally.You didn't close Foxit Reader manually before you rebooted your system,so the file names and file locations of those opened PDF files were not written into into registry key,that is the reason why there is no file is opened automatically when you reopen your Foxit Reader.

For this situation,I have submitted the suggstion"update the opened files’ records in registry key as soon as a new file is opened ,and delete the filename from registry key after the file is closed" to our product marketing team's reference with suggestion ID#PHANTOM-10180.If this new suggestion is implemented in future version,then Foxit Reader will be able to open lasted opened PDF files no matter how Foxit Reader was closed previously.
        I have the same issue with FR on Linux. There is no "registry" in Linux but anyway - automatic restore doesn't work. I was a programmer for 20+ years (best days of my life so let give a short suggestion. Registry proved to be sometimes complicated to handle. I would suggest you programmers to use simple txt file - as a simple configuration file which also holds information about opened documents. Easy to maintain, takes 60 min to write code and test. There is no need for complex solution which can become corrupted or complicated to handle. Simple event trigger "on process exit", write few lines of doc path/name into txt file and that's it.

Comment

Dear PDF011,

I am sorry that currently our Foxit Reader for Linux doesn't have the "Restore last session when application starts" feature,so it
          can not reopen last opened PDF file automatically.For this situation,I have submitted the suggestion"Add the 'Restore last session when application starts' feature in Foxit Reader for Linux" to our internal feature system for our product marketing's reference with suggestion ID#MACLNX-1895.

For your suggestion about how to use a simple text file to hold information about opened documents,I have also submitted the suggestion to our internal feature system with suggestion ID#PHANTOM-10823.

Comment

Working...
          X