Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ATL 3.0 : FoxitCTL Error Webview

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • ATL 3.0 : FoxitCTL Error Webview

    Hello there,

    this is error shows up under Windows 10 Enterprise, Microsoft Edge and Internet Explorer with Foxit Reader 9.0.1 when opening pdfs with the webbrowser.
    It is not constantly showing up. But most of the time. No specific .pdf file.
    Crashlog is empty.

    Regards,
    Marius


  • #2
    Sorry for the inconvenience. If it happens again, could you please send us below info to support@foxitsoftware.com so we can do further investigation? Thank you.
    1. Internet Explorer version number.
    2. The directly web link that you opened within Internet Explorer with Foxit Reader 9.0.1.
    3. Make a screenshot of the error message indicated.

    Comment


    • #3
      I am experiencing a similar issue using Foxit Version: 9.0.1.1049 in IE 11.48.17134.0 on Windows 10 version 1803 (OS Build 17134.48. When attempting to open a PDF file in the browser the following error is displayed: ATL 3.0 : FoxitCtl

      Comment


      • #4
        It has been submitted to our internal bug tracking system for our QA team to do further analysis with report ID#QCPHANTOM-6649. For now, we suggest you try to turn off the protected mode in IE browser to see if it helps. Please refer to attached screenshot:close protected mode.jpg.

        If it still doesn't help, please help to add the site where you want to open online PDF files as trusted sites to see if it will make any difference. Please refer to attached screenshot:trusted site.jpg.
        Attached Files

        Comment


        • #5
          I'm having the same issue. I've tried disabling Protected mode and adding the site to the Trusted Zone. I still have the same issue.

          Comment


          • #6
            mcceqqcmmh ,I apologize for the trouble.As to this issue,please help to send us the following information for further investigation:
            1:Your OS information(eg:mine is windows10x64bit) and your IE web browser version number(such as IE11x64bit).
            2id this issue happen to all online PDF files or just some specific files? Please help to open some online PDF files from the page below to see what will happen:
            https://www.foxitsoftware.com/support/usermanuals.php
            3:Please send us some URL links of the online PDF files that you tried to open.

            Look forward to your reply.

            Comment


            • #7
              I am also having this issue, I turned off protected mode and I can now open online PDFs, however this is a work computer and I have breached our internet security in order to be able to open these PDFs. I will now have to re-enable Protected Mode so I don't cause any security problems. I would appreciate it if I can open PDFs without breaching our internet security. I am using IE 11 on Windows 10 x 64 bit

              Comment


              • #8
                KatieGittins

                I've updated your comments to Report ID#QCPHANTOM-6649 for QA engineer and Dev engineer's further analysis. One more thing: Have applied all the IE patches available? Do you still have the problem if you applied all available update patches to IE?

                Comment


                • #9
                  We are still having this issue across various machines. I believe the ones with the issue are on Win10 1803. Happens with any PDF we try to view in Internet Explorer.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by dlevasseur View Post
                    We are still having this issue across various machines. I believe the ones with the issue are on Win10 1803. Happens with any PDF we try to view in Internet Explorer.
                    We suggest you try to turn off the protected mode in IE browser to see if it helps. Please refer to attached screenshot:close protected mode.jpg.

                    If it still doesn't help, please help to add the site where you want to open online PDF files as trusted sites to see if it will make any difference. Please refer to attached screenshot:trusted site.jpg.

                    If still no luck, please help to send us the following information for further investigation:
                    1 Your OS information(eg:mine is windows10x64bit) and your IE web browser version number(such as IE11x64bit).
                    2 Please help to open some online PDF files from the page below to see what will happen:
                    https://www.foxitsoftware.com/support/usermanuals.php
                    3:Please send us some URL links of the online PDF files that you tried to open.

                    Look forward to your reply.
                    Attached Files

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Hello All, Regarding the issue "Got error message"ATL 3.0 : FoxitCtl"when open online PDF file" you reported,we need your help to update your Foxit PhantomPDF/Foxit Reader to our most current released version 9.4 to see if it works on IE web browser. Following are link for downloading Foxit PhantomPDF v9.4 and Foxit Reader V9.4:
                      http://cdn09.foxitsoftware.com/produ...up_Website.msi
                      http://cdn09.foxitsoftware.com/produ...etup_Clean.exe

                      If the same issue will still happen again when open online PDF file in IE,please help to try the following procedures which will be helpful for our Dev team to locate the problem:
                      1. When the issue happens again,please try to resize your IE window display size by clicking and dragging any corner or side of the Internet Explorer window to adjust its size to see if the online PDF file will be finally displayed in IE web browser? If this is of no avail,please proceed to do the steps below.
                      2: Download a newly compiled dll plugin file for IE from the link below:
                      For Foxit PhantomPDF user: http://sync-cn.foxitsoftware.com/iss...FBrowserAx.dll
                      For Foxit Reader user: http://sync-cn.foxitsoftware.com/iss...rBrowserAx.dll
                      3:Exit Internet Explorer .
                      For Foxit PhantomPDF user, go to 'C:\Program Files(x86)\Foxit Software\Foxit PhantomPDF\plugins' or' C:\Program Files\Foxit Software\Foxit PhantomPDF\plugins',
                      please find the 'FoxitPhantomPDFBrowserAx.dll', rename it to anything else. Save the newly downloaded dll file into this folder.
                      For Foxit Reader user,go to 'C:\Program Files(x86)\Foxit Software\Foxit Reader\plugins' or' C:\Program Files\Foxit Software\Foxit Reader\plugins',
                      please find the 'FoxitReaderBrowserAx.dll', rename it to anything else. Save the newly downloaded dll file into this folder.
                      4:Start IE and try to open online PDF file again to see any result may change. If you get the same error, please go to your desktop, find the 'PhantomCtrlLog.txt' (or 'ReaderCtrlLog.txt') and send it to us.If you can find this 'PhantomCtrlLog.txt'(or 'ReaderCtrlLog.txt') this file on desktop,please find it in the following folder:
                      "C:\Users\[current username]\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\INetCache\Virtual ized\C\Users\[current username]\Desktop"

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        I was told by my IT that my version of Phantom no longer supported PDF webpages in IE (Phantom: 8.3.2.25013; IE: 11.0.9600.19230). Is this true?

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by moonnight89 View Post
                          I was told by my IT that my version of Phantom no longer supported PDF webpages in IE (Phantom: 8.3.2.25013; IE: 11.0.9600.19230). Is this true?
                          Foxit PhantomPDF supports to open online pdf file within IE, if you have any issue with it, please feel free to contact us by describing it in detail and make a screenshot of it if there is any error message indicated, thank you.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Lisa_lee View Post
                            Hello All, Regarding the issue "Got error message"ATL 3.0 : FoxitCtl"when open online PDF file" you reported,we need your help to update your Foxit PhantomPDF/Foxit Reader to our most current released version 9.4 to see if it works on IE web browser. Following are link for downloading Foxit PhantomPDF v9.4 and Foxit Reader V9.4:
                            http://cdn09.foxitsoftware.com/produ...up_Website.msi
                            http://cdn09.foxitsoftware.com/produ...etup_Clean.exe

                            If the same issue will still happen again when open online PDF file in IE,please help to try the following procedures which will be helpful for our Dev team to locate the problem:
                            1. When the issue happens again,please try to resize your IE window display size by clicking and dragging any corner or side of the Internet Explorer window to adjust its size to see if the online PDF file will be finally displayed in IE web browser? If this is of no avail,please proceed to do the steps below.
                            2: Download a newly compiled dll plugin file for IE from the link below:
                            For Foxit PhantomPDF user: http://sync-cn.foxitsoftware.com/iss...FBrowserAx.dll
                            For Foxit Reader user: http://sync-cn.foxitsoftware.com/iss...rBrowserAx.dll
                            3:Exit Internet Explorer .
                            For Foxit PhantomPDF user, go to 'C:\Program Files(x86)\Foxit Software\Foxit PhantomPDF\plugins' or' C:\Program Files\Foxit Software\Foxit PhantomPDF\plugins',
                            please find the 'FoxitPhantomPDFBrowserAx.dll', rename it to anything else. Save the newly downloaded dll file into this folder.
                            For Foxit Reader user,go to 'C:\Program Files(x86)\Foxit Software\Foxit Reader\plugins' or' C:\Program Files\Foxit Software\Foxit Reader\plugins',
                            please find the 'FoxitReaderBrowserAx.dll', rename it to anything else. Save the newly downloaded dll file into this folder.
                            4:Start IE and try to open online PDF file again to see any result may change. If you get the same error, please go to your desktop, find the 'PhantomCtrlLog.txt' (or 'ReaderCtrlLog.txt') and send it to us.If you can find this 'PhantomCtrlLog.txt'(or 'ReaderCtrlLog.txt') this file on desktop,please find it in the following folder:
                            "C:\Users\[current username]\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\INetCache\Virtual ized\C\Users\[current username]\Desktop"
                            We are having the same issue here with Foxit Reader 9.2.0.9297 and 9.4.0.16811
                            Windows 10.0.17134.472
                            IE Version 11.472.17134.0

                            I will try your suggestion and come back with feedback.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Hello All, Our Dev team have compiled Foxit browser plugin dll file with log feature included based on the the issue you reported on this thread. Please help to do as follows to gather the log file for our Dev team to locate this issue:
                              1:Firstly,please install our latest version of Foxit PhantomPDF or Foxit Reader 9.5 to see if it helps?
                              Following are links for downloading Foxit PhantomPDF v9.5 and Foxit Reader V9.5:
                              http://cdn01.foxitsoftware.com/produ..._enu_Setup.msi
                              http://cdn01.foxitsoftware.com/produ...etup_Clean.exe
                              2:If the same issue will still happen again when open online PDF file in IE,please help to try the following procedures which will be helpful for our Dev team to locate the problem:
                              A. When the issue happens again,please try to resize your IE window display size by clicking and dragging any corner or side of the Internet Explorer window to adjust its size to see if the online PDF file will be finally displayed in IE web browser? If this is of no avail,please proceed to do the steps below.
                              B: Download a newly compiled dll plugin file for IE from the link below:
                              For Foxit PhantomPDF users:http://sync-cn.foxitsoftware.com/iss...FBrowserAx.dll
                              For Foxit Reader userS: http://sync-cn.foxitsoftware.com/iss...rBrowserAx.dll
                              C:Exit Internet Explorer .
                              For Foxit PhantomPDF user, go to 'C:\Program Files(x86)\Foxit Software\Foxit PhantomPDF\plugins' or' C:\Program Files\Foxit Software\Foxit PhantomPDF\plugins',
                              please find the 'FoxitPhantomPDFBrowserAx.dll', rename it to anything else. Save the newly downloaded dll file into this folder.
                              For Foxit Reader user,go to 'C:\Program Files(x86)\Foxit Software\Foxit Reader\plugins' or' C:\Program Files\Foxit Software\Foxit Reader\plugins',
                              please find the 'FoxitReaderBrowserAx.dll', rename it to anything else. Save the newly downloaded dll file into this folder.
                              4:Start IE and try to open online PDF file again to see any result may change. If you get the same error, please go to your desktop, find the 'PhantomCtrlLog.txt' (or 'ReaderCtrlLog.txt') and send it to us.If you can find this 'PhantomCtrlLog.txt'(or 'ReaderCtrlLog.txt') this file on desktop,please find it in the following folder:
                              "C:\Users\[current username]\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\INetCache\Virtual ized\C\Users\[current username]\Desktop"
                              If you still can not find 'PhantomCtrlLog.txt'(or 'ReaderCtrlLog.txt')file anywhere,please help to run your IE web browser as administrator right and then try to replicate the same issue again as usual and find the 'PhantomCtrlLog.txt'(or 'ReaderCtrlLog.txt') file from the two locations that I have mentioned before.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X