Foxit Reader closes very slowly

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Foxit Reader closes very slowly

I use Foxit Reader Version 9.1.0.5096 and I am having an issue w/it taking a long time to close - approximately 5-7 seconds. This happens most times I close the reader. Any ideas what could be going on? This has been going on for several weeks.

Could you please check the option 'Disable connected pdf features' and uncheck 'Show Advertisement' under File ->Preferences ->General in Foxit Reader and see if it makes any differences? Thank you.

Comment

I made the change and I am not noticing any improved performance.

Comment

Javier J Echavarri ,I apologize for the inconvenience. We suggest you try to remove Foxit Reader from control panel and delete its registry keys, then reinstall it to see if it helps?
        Please do as follows:
        1)Please make sure you've closed all Foxit Reader related programs (IE, Firefox...) then go to "Control Panel"->"Add/Remove Programs" to uninstall Foxit Reader;
        Go to "Start"->"Run"-> input regedit -> find "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Foxit Software\Foxit Reader 9.0" and "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Foxit Software\Foxit Reader 9.0" to delete the whole folder of Foxit Reader 9.0;
        2)Install the latest version 9.1 of Foxit Reader.Please download the installer from the link below:
        http://cdn09.foxitsoftware.com/produ...etup_Clean.exe
        If the issue still persists in the new installation,please help to send us the following information for further analysis:
        1:Your OS information(eg:mine is windows 10x64bit).
        2:Please just open the stand-alone Foxit Reader itself without opening any PDF file,then try to close Foxit Reader to see if it will be close quickly?
        3:Please help to gather .dmp file for us which will be helpful for our QA team to diagnose this issue based the .dmp file:
        (1): Download "procdump.exe" file from the link below:
        http://sync-us.foxitsoftware.com/iss/Tools/procdump.exe
        (2):Open PDF file in Foxit Reader.
        (3): Right click on Windows Start , choose Command Prompt (Admin) to open your cmd window as adminisrator right.
        (4):Change the folder which you want to save the dmp file,such as E:\(Input E: in the cmd window and press Enter key on keyboard).Please refer to attached screenshot:11.jpg.
        (5):Launch Task Manager , turn to Details tag and show PID column, find the PID of FoxitReader.exe.Please refer to attached screenshot:22.jpg.
        (6):Please try to close Foxit Reader application to replicate this issue. When you close Foxit Reaer,it should take you a period of time to close it finally, please proceed to the following steps quicky during the period when Foxit Reader got closed.
        (7): Drag and drop the downloaded procdmp.exe to the cmd window, input a space and the PID.Please refer to attached screenshot:33.jpg.
        (8):Press Enter key on your keyboard to generate dmp file.And find the dmp file from the folder you input in step (4) and send the dmp file to us.Please refer to attached screenshot:44.jpg and 55.jpg.
        Attached Files

Comment

Well I hate to be to quick to comment but uninstalling and reinstalling seems to have done the trick. Thank you very much.

Comment

Working...
          X