Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cherry View Post
    jehopkin

Thanks for the info. I've summarized the info and escalated it to Foxit internal bug tracking system for QA team and Dev team's further investigation. Report ID#: QCPHANTOM-11377. We'll update the processing status here or you may email to support@foxitsoftware.com with this ID# to track the processing status.
    One more thing, you mentioned it is only some PDFs that caused the problem. Is it possible to provide one PDF sample for testing purpose and let us know how you reproduce the problem in this particular document? Thank you again.
    I've attached a PDF which causes this slow-to-close issue every time.
    Attached Files

Comment

jehopkin

Thanks for the update. I've uploaded the file to Report ID#QCPHANTOM-11377 for further processing. I tried this file on my side and it seemed to be closed fine. Did you simply open the file for a while then close it or did you open it and make some changes to the PDF document then close it and you saw the problem? Thank you.

Comment

jehopkin

Thanks for the update. I've uploaded the file to Report ID#QCPHANTOM-11377 for further processing. I tried this file on my side and it seemed to be closed fine. Did you simply open the file for a while then close it or did you open it and make some changes to the PDF document then close it and you saw the problem? Thank you.
        I have done all of the above with the file, but regardless it hangs when closing.

Comment

jehopkin

I have tried all of these, and regardless the prorgram hangs when trying to close.

I have noticed that if I'm opening a PDF for the second time (or third, fourth, etc.), the program hangs. The program never stalls when opening and closing a PDF for the first time. I have tried disabling the history features under preferences, where it would not open the last view settings of the PDF, but that did not work as far as stopping the closing issue.

Comment

Hello,
            I have the same problem and it seems to relate to whenever Reader has opened a file of the same name previously. If you open a file and close it then it will close immediately the first time, but on subsequent attempts it hangs for a time before exiting.
            If you open a file; close it; rename it; open it; close it then again there is no problem.
            This might point the software guys in the right direction, but it is a right pain and needs sorting.
            Thanks
            Jamie

Comment

Originally posted by fraserjs View Post
              Hello,
              I have the same problem and it seems to relate to whenever Reader has opened a file of the same name previously. If you open a file and close it then it will close immediately the first time, but on subsequent attempts it hangs for a time before exiting.
              If you open a file; close it; rename it; open it; close it then again there is no problem.
              This might point the software guys in the right direction, but it is a right pain and needs sorting.
              Thanks
              Jamie
              Jamie, I have found the same issue in my case as well.

Comment

Hello again,
                I noticed this issue persisted across a reboot so I looked in the registry and I have deleted HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Foxit Software\ Foxit Reader 9.0\CommentPanel\Filter\ and this seems to have fixed the problem for now.
                Worth doing for anyone suffering with this issue.
                Jamie

Comment

Originally posted by fraserjs View Post
                  Hello again,
                  I noticed this issue persisted across a reboot so I looked in the registry and I have deleted HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Foxit Software\ Foxit Reader 9.0\CommentPanel\Filter\ and this seems to have fixed the problem for now.
                  Worth doing for anyone suffering with this issue.
                  Jamie
                  This fixed the issue for me. Thanks!

Comment

fraserjs and jehopkin

I've updated the discovery of fraserjs to Report ID#: QCPHANTOM-11377 for QA engineer and Dev engineer's further analysis. Thank you.

Comment

Hello,
                      Seeing as not everyone is having this problem, here is some more detail about my pattern of usage of Reader. Perhaps jehopkin can look for any similarity with his?
                      Firstly, there were hundreds of sub-keys within the registry key I deleted. I am not sure how many, but I saw sub-key names up to about 900+.
                      I use PDF sign frequently to add my signature, as well as a custom stamp.
                      I have Reader set to allow multiple instances.
                      Regards
                      Jamie

Comment

I've done a bit more playing around and it seems that normally no more than 10 sub-keys should be created under \CommentPanel\Filter (these are called Record 0 to Record 9); a new one is created on closure of each PDF until the limit is reached, after which a sort is done on the Order DWORD rather than a new Record key being created. Under some circumstance this limit of 10 gets breached and then the number of records grows to a point where the sorting of the Order DWORD becomes very time consuming on closure of the PDF.

Comment

fraserjs

Thank you for your sharing. I have updated it to our team for further troubleshooting.

Comment

fraserjs and jehopkin

The reported issue should have been fixed in version 9.3.0. Could you please go to Foxit website to download the new version and give it a try at your convenience?
                            You may download the setup from the following link:
                            https://www.foxitsoftware.com/downloads/

Thank you.

Comment

Working...
                            X