Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Foxit Proxy Server causing max CPU workload.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bug Foxit Proxy Server causing max CPU workload.

Troubleshooting a very sluggish workstation, I found that the program FoxitProxyServer_Socket_RD.exe was utilizing all the CPU (97% CPU usage). I performed an uninstallation and reinstallation of Foxit Reader and this seems to have cleared up the issue.
    I just wanted to make you aware of this issue.

Hi DerekB,

Thank you for bringing the issue to our attention. Could you please confirm the version of Foxit Reader and your operating system type?

Comment

Doris,

This is on Windows 7 Pro x64
      Foxit Reader 9.0.1.1049

Comment

I have also come across this issue since installing last week. But this is on a terminal server so there were multiple copies of the process, 1 for each user, which maxed out the CPU.

Windows Server 2008 R2.
        PhantomPDF version 9.1.0.5096

Comment

I just installed Foxit Reader 9.1.0.5096 on a terminal server last night and this is happening to me now too. FoxitProxyServer_Socket_RD.exe using about 50% CPU. This is on Server 2016. There is one of these processes running under each user account. As soon as I end one, the process from another user picks up.

What is this process and what are the side effects of ending it?

Thanks.

Comment

proxima pialld Sorry for the trouble. The process is related to Foxit Creator. Did you use the software to create pdf files and is the issue replicable? Do you still get the issue after restarting the work station? If yes, please help to collect the logs and send it to us with below steps.
            1 Enable log generation by changing the value of key 'EnableLog' to 1. You could find the key under Registry Editor HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Foxit Software\Foxit PDF Creator.
            2 Please reproduce your workflow which replicate the issue and send us the logs under C:\Users\'profile name'\AppData\Roaming\Foxit Software\Foxit PDF Creator\Creator-Log

Comment

Working...
            X