Foxit Reader often don't launch in Linux Ubuntu 16.04 64bits

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bug Foxit Reader often don't launch in Linux Ubuntu 16.04 64bits

Foxit Reader often don't launch in Linux Ubuntu 16.04 64bits. The same thing happens when I try open pdf archives by double click. If I insist several times eventually Foxit launch.

The terminal output is attached.

Help me, please.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by amquei; 05-25-2018, 02:31 AM.

amquei

Please go to "Edit"->"Preferences"->"General"->check "Disable ConnectedPDF features" and see if it helps.

Please check the version number of your Foxit Reader for Linux and let us know if it happens to any PDF document. Is it possible to provide one for testing purpose? Thank you.

Comment

cherry

I checked the "Disable ConnectedPDF features" option, but the problem keeps happening. The version of Foxit Reader I am using is 2.4.1.0609. It seems that the problem occurs either by opening the program directly or by double-clicking in any PDF file. An example of a problem PDF file is attached.
      Attached Files

Comment

amquei

Thanks for the update. The PDF document seemed to be opened fine on our side. May I encourage you to perform re-installation of Foxit Reader for Linux 2.4.1 and see if it helps? Thank you.

Comment

cherry

I've tried that, but the problem keeps happening. Did my terminal output file help anything?

Comment

amquei

Thanks for your update. I've escalated the issue to Foxit internal bug tracking system for QA team's further investigation. Report ID#: MACLNX-2157. Any update, we'll keep you posted. Or you may email to support@foxitsoftware.com with this ID# to track the processing status of it. Thank you.

Comment

amquei

Sometimes Reader may appear as closed due to some problem, but actually the processes are still running in the background. Please check if there are any Reader processes still running when you met the problem, you could manually kill the process then try to launch Foxit Reader and see if the program could be launched fine. Thank you.

Comment

This issue also affects me, on Xubuntu 16.04.5 32bit (same base as Ubuntu). I've just downloaded and installed the 32bit version of Reader from your website today, and followed the install wizard, installing Reader to the default location. I can find reader when I search for installed programs, and I even have the Reader icon on my taskbar, but it silently fails to open at all, despite the fact that I've tried to open it several times over a space of 10min. I haven't persisted beyond that to see if it will open eventually.
                Thanks,
                Ken.

Comment

KT_

Sorry for the problem you're experiencing. I've also reported the issue to Report ID#: MACLNX-2157 for QA team and Dev team's further investigation.

For now, I would encourage you to use Foxit online tools to open your PDF document from your browser as temp workaround. You may access this URL:
                  https://online.foxitsoftware.com/ then drag the file there to be opened.

Thank you.

Comment

Maybe you should address the issue somewhere else?

Comment

Working...
                    X