Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Foxit Reader - Silent Printing broken, error popups but returns success, /q option

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bug Foxit Reader - Silent Printing broken, error popups but returns success, /q option

Foxit Silent Reader command incorrectly always returns a success code of 0, eg:

* if pass it a non-existant printer - we get a popup (Windows couldn't connect to the printer) which stops the batch file until you click ok, but we can't handle the error in a batch file or vbs or other as it does not output an error code, instead it outputs 0 for success which is clearly incorrect.

* if a file is deleted whilst you are trying to print it - we get a popup (File not found) which does not stop the batch file from running & it does not state the filename so if printing out 1000 *.pdf files, have no idea which one failed. We can't handle the error in a batch file or vbs or other as it does not output an error code, instead it outputs 0 for success which is clearly incorrect.

* Using the '/q' silent errors mode does not stop the error popups, however this option would only really be suitable if the command returned errors in the first place but it doesn't.

* Every version after the 2014 version of v6.2 does not silent print - the functionality is broken as the pdf will close but the pdf splash screen will not & it will not start to print the 2nd file until you manually close the splash screen, rendering silent printing useless. I found that this has been reported for 4 years & still hasn't been fixed.

* If a printer is offline at the time it starts to print, but then is online seconds after, all print jobs to that printer fail with no indication of an error on the command line nor as a popup, only a few second popup saying the printer was paused.

Hopefully this info will help someone else.

Any ideas on how to workaround these issues?

Thank you for reporting it, before reporting it to our team, we need to check below info with you, thank you.
    1. if pass it a non-existant printer, it pop up the error message 'Windows couldn't connect to the printer', I don't think it is incorrect, you said it did not output an error code so you failed to handle it, what kind error code do you need, do you have any advice?
    2. Yes, it is better for us to state the filename, we will report it as suggestion to our PM team for future consideration, for the error code you mentioned, do you have any advice?
    3. It always reports the error when error occurs even in silent mode, for the error codes you mentioned, we appreciate if you can share your ideas and advice.
    4. Sorry to say that the issue has not been resolved and I have sent a reminder to corresponding person to pay attention to it. I will keep you posted if there is any update about it.
    5. I am not quite understanding it, what do you mean printer online? Could you please describe it in detail and make some screenshots to illustrate it?

Comment

Working...
    X