Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windows 10 1803 foxit reader as default PDF

Hi
    I'm deploying Foxit Reader version 9.1.0.5096 via SCCM and I can't seem to get the Foxit Reader setup as the default PDF viewer in Windows 10 1803. Below is the command I am using.
    Everytime OS is build and user goes to use Foxit Reader it's always popping up asking if user wants to set foxit as PDF and requesting for Admin rights when user click on yes

msiexec /i "FoxitReader91_enu_Setup.msi" /quiet ADDLOCAL="FX_PDFVIEWER,FX_FIREFOXPLUGIN,FX_SPELLCH ECK,FX_SE,FX_CREATOR,FX_CONVERTEXT,FX_CREATORWORDA DDIN,FX_CREATOREXCELADDIN" ADVERTISE="FX_CONNECTEDPDF" MAKEDEFAULT="1" VIEW_IN_BROWSER="1" DESKTOP_SHORTCUT="1" STARTMENU_SHORTCUT="1" CPDF_DISABLE="1" AUTO_UPDATE="0" REMOVENEWVERSION="1" NOINSTALLUPDATE="1" LAUNCHCHECKDEFAULT="1"

sirproll08

Please remove VIEW_IN_BROWSER="1" from your command line as this setting will be written into the system registry's root directory, it would cause the UAC with tag -displayinbrowser.

If the UAC is with tag -register, please refer to the following:
    To disable the UAC with tag –register, the end users can close the UAC prompt directly without entering admin account and password, this should be able to set Foxit Reader as default without problem. We've also submitted the suggestion about this UAC prompt so it would not pop up after we set Foxit Reader as default via Command line installation or GPO in the future. Suggestion ID#: QCPHANTOM-9281.
    If IT doesn't want the users to see this prompt, IT will need to follow the steps in uploaded guide GPO_deployment on windows 8 and windows 10.docx to set Foxit Reader as default as workaround.

If the UAC is with another different tag, please let me know the tag name. Thank you.
    Attached Files

Comment

Working...
    X