Last session is not restored

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Last session is not restored

Recently I updated Foxit Reader to the latest version (9.2.0.9297) and since then I'm experiencing the following annoying problem: if I close Foxit Reader and open it again it doesn't restore all the files that were opened in the last session. There was no such problem in the previous versions. Needless to say that I close Foxit Reader properly, and that I have "Restore last session when application starts" checked. I tried completely removing Foxit Reader (including all the registry keys) and installing a fresh version but the problem persists. Running Foxit Reader as administrator doesn't help either. What might be the problem?

cthlh

I've escalated this issue to Foxit internal bug tracking system for QA team and Dev team's further processing. Report ID#: QCPHANTOM-10829. I'll post the update here. Or you may email to support@foxitsoftware.com with this ID# to track the processing status. Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by cthlh View Post
      Recently I updated Foxit Reader to the latest version (9.2.0.9297) and since then I'm experiencing the following annoying problem: if I close Foxit Reader and open it again it doesn't restore all the files that were opened in the last session.
      Just wanted to confirm that I have the same problem. I went back to version 9.1 and everything is working again! Obviously, we didn't do nothing wrong and there's a problem with this new version. I hope there will be a fix soon because restoring last session is essential...

Comment

Originally posted by joule1309 View Post

Just wanted to confirm that I have the same problem. I went back to version 9.1 and everything is working again! Obviously, we didn't do nothing wrong and there's a problem with this new version. I hope there will be a fix soon because restoring last session is essential...
        joule1309 and All, this is a known issue in latest update and we are working on it. For now, please downgrade to previous version, which could be downloaded from below link.
        http://cdn02.foxitsoftware.com/product/reader/desktop/win/9.1/FoxitReader91_enu_Setup_Clean.exe

We will inform you in this post for update.

Comment

Been waiting for this to be fixed. What is its progress?

Comment

Originally posted by userxxx View Post
            Been waiting for this to be fixed. What is its progress?
            userxxx ,This issue will be rectified in next minor release version 9.3 of Foxit Reader and Foxit PhantomPDF.

Comment

Thanks for your infos, dear Admins.

But this bug is quite annoying, I used the session restore daily in our licensed PhantomPDF version before.
              So we now can wait weeks or months for the next release instead of fast hotfix?

I now have installed the Reader 9.1 as a "hot fix" for myself.
              Pity the user itelf has to find the bugs after an update while all went fine in the version before.

Any chance the developers will check the changes in their program code before updating new releases?

Best regards, Chris

Comment

BigFox59

Your feedback is appreciated. We understand the bug is annoying and have already fixed the problem in internal version the first time. I've forwarded your comments to QCPHANTOM-10829 to our engineer to check if we would release a patch or hotfix that fix the problem.
                If you are interested in testing out the internal version of version 9.3 that includes the fix, you may email to support@foxitsoftware.com and request for the internal version download.
                We've also been optimizing the testing process to avoid the bugs that work fine in old versions from happening in new versions. Thanks in advance for your kind understanding.

Comment

Well i had the same problem, but now its solved!

Comment

How is it solved? My 9.2 xxx version is still not opening my last session automatically like the previous older version...

Comment

Lukas

Sorry for the trouble. The issue just happens to version 9.2, and we will fix it in next version(version9.3), now our team are still working hard on the version9.3.

Comment

Many thanks to the developement team for making session restoring working fine again in the new version 9.3.0.10826.

I also remarked that the clipboard is now saving the colors when changing them in the settings (when making a snapshot
                        with replaced document colours). Btw. this is still not working in the PDF Reader version 9.1.0.5056 (still newest one).

Kind regards, Chris

Comment

Sorry, my last post was more PhantomPDF related and the PDF reader seems to have also a 9.3.0 version in the mean time.
                          But when I checked for updates the 9.1.0 version told me I have already the newest one. Anyway, fine the session restore is
                          working again in the PhantomPDF 9.3.0 :-)

Regards, Chris

Comment

BigFox59 ,Yes,the V9.3 of Foxit Reader has also been released at the same time when we released Foxit PhantomPDF v9.3.If you still fail to update Foxit Reader from within Foxit Reader application itself,you may uninstall your existing one and install a latest version 9.3 of Foxit Reader installer by downloading it from the link below:
                            http://cdn09.foxitsoftware.com/product/reader/desktop/win/9.3/FoxitReader93_enu_Setup_Clean.exe

Comment

I have the same problem on a Windows 7 Pro 64-bit system running the same version of IE, so I'm afraid it isn't restricted just to Win 8.1. I can do the same thing where ending the phantom Internet Explorer process seems to make it remember previous tabs on next startup.

Comment

Working...
                              X