Selecting text has changed in recent update

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Selecting text has changed in recent update

It appears that the way a user can select text has changed in the latest version of Foxit Reader. It seems that now (using the mouse) I can only select text line by line, as though I was selecting text in a Word document. Previously, I could select text in an arbitrary rectangular column. This was very useful when I wanted to select (and copy) a column of numbers, and it was one of the big advantages that Foxit had (for me) compared to other pdf readers. Is there a preference I can set to allow me to select text in the old way? Or is this a bug that will be fixed in another update? Or is this the new normal for Foxit? Thanks.

Originally posted by dereka View Post
    It appears that the way a user can select text has changed in the latest version of Foxit Reader. It seems that now (using the mouse) I can only select text line by line, as though I was selecting text in a Word document. Previously, I could select text in an arbitrary rectangular column. This was very useful when I wanted to select (and copy) a column of numbers, and it was one of the big advantages that Foxit had (for me) compared to other pdf readers. Is there a preference I can set to allow me to select text in the old way? Or is this a bug that will be fixed in another update? Or is this the new normal for Foxit? Thanks.
    Sorry for the inconvenience. Please press the key Alt on your keyboard while selecting text, then you can select the part of text you want.

Comment

Thanks for your help. I had tried that before without any luck, but I've got the new technique figured out now. Previously in order to select an arbitrary rectangle I needed to begin the selection away from the text, whereas now I need to alt-click when I am within a text area. A slight adjustment, but it should work fine.

Comment

Thanks Foxit for sharing the valuable information.

Comment

saisaanvi, We have extended the "select text" tool to "select text and image" tool since V9.2 of Foxit PhantomPDF.So you can use this "select text and image" tool to select and copy both of text and image.
          If you need to just copy texts with this tool,please keep pressing the "Alt" key one keyboard while dragging and moving your mouse on the area where included those texts to select them,then press "Ctrl+C"to copy the selected texts.

If you just drag and move your mouse on an area in PDF file without pressing the Alt key on keyboard,then all of the texts and images included in the area will all be selected and then press "Ctrl+C" to copy the selected texts and images.

Comment

Working...
          X