Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Foxit Linux to Windows Compatibility Problems

Hello,

I have annotated several PDF files with Foxit Linux which cannot be opened in Windows.

In Windows I get the error message: "Format Error: Not a PDF or corrupted."

For those of us who depend on Foxit in their line of work, this is a very serious issue. We absolutely do need perfectly fluid compatibility between Windows, Linux, and Android.

Can someone from Foxit please look into this matter with a view to having it resolved?

Thanks in advance.

cinimod

Sorry for the trouble. Can you still open the pdf file in Foxit Reader for Linux? May I know the version of Foxit Linux you are using?

Would you please send us the sample pdf file in question for internal test?

Please help to send us the pdf file which has the issue for further test,if it is inconvenient to upload here, you may email the PDF document to support@foxitsoftware.com. Thank you in advance.

Comment

Hello lyndi_wu

I am using the latest versions of Foxit in both Windows and Linux.

The version you have made available for Linux looks a bit dated to me (Version: 2.4.1.0609).

I have attached a file annotated with Linux and the mentioned version; it will open in Linux, whereas I get the error "Format Error: Not a PDF or corrupted" in Windows. This error appears without exception with regard to all PDF files annotated with Foxit Linux.

I did uninstall Foxit in Windows and download and install the latest version to see if that might resolve the issue, but to no avail.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by cinimod; 09-09-2018, 03:13 PM.

Comment

The file can be opened fine with Foxit Reader 9.2, could you please reinstall it from below link and have a try? Thanks.
        http://cdn01.foxitsoftware.com/produ...Setup_Prom.exe

Comment

Originally posted by cinimod View Post
          Hello,

I have annotated several PDF files with Foxit Linux which cannot be opened in Windows.

In Windows I get the error message: "Format Error: Not a PDF or corrupted."

For those of us who depend on Foxit in their line of work, this is a very serious issue. We absolutely do need perfectly fluid compatibility between Windows, Linux, and Android.

Can someone from Foxit please look into this matter with a view to having it resolved?

Thanks in advance.
          Hey did you get any proper solution for this?

Regards,
          Juhi
          burger king survey, kroger feedback
          Last edited by juhichawla98; 09-16-2018, 06:05 PM.

Comment

juhichawla98 ,Did you also encounter with the same issue like cinimod mentioned? If so,please help to send us the following information for further analysis:
            1:Your Linux OS information and which version of Foxit Reader for Linux you are using.
            2:Please send us one original PDF file which could be opened properly without any problem and the problematic PDF file which has been added annotations with Foxit Reader for Linux already. The files you send will be kept confidential and only be used for internal testing.
            3:Which annotations you have added in PDF file generally with Foxit Reader for Linux?
            4id this issue happen to all PDF files or just some specific PDF files?
            If those files are not convenient to be uploaded on our forum, you may email them to support@foxitsoftware.com(Attn:Lisa). Thank you in advance.

Comment

richell_huang Thank you, I can confirm that the files can be opened with version provided by you. That such compatibility issues do exist is nevertheless a great cause for concern. Many years of work has gone into the annotation of documents and cross-platform compatibility is absolutely essential in my line of work. We switched from Adobe to Foxit precisely because we got fed up with issues that I have now experienced with Foxit. Please don't let your users down.

Comment

Working...
              X