Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Crash after unplugging external monitor

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Crash after unplugging external monitor

    Dear forum,

    I'm running Ubuntu 18.04 with foxit reader and at home my laptop is connected to an external monitor. I've chosen the external monitor as the only screen. However when I unplug the monitor foxit reader crashes.

    When I start the application from terminal with
    Code:
    $ /.FoxitReader
    there is a lot of text pushed to the terminal. If you need any of this information please tell me, I've tried to avoid posting a lot of useless information.
    So foxit is running on ext. screen, the terminal output is something like:

    Code:
    common run:  0x7fdac9c40700  pJob==NULL
    common run:  0x7fdac9c40700  Count: 13
    common run:  0x7fdac943f700  pJob==NULL
    common run:  0x7fdac943f700  Count: 14
    common run:  0x7fdaca441700  pJob==NULL
    common run:  0x7fdaca441700  Count: 15
    and so on. But at the moment I unplug the cable, this error occurs and I'm not able to access the graphic interface anymore:

    Code:
    QBackingStore::flush() called for  QWidgetWindow(0x38644c0, name = "mainwindowWindow")  which does not have a handle.
    common run:  0x7fdaca441700  pJob==NULL
    common run:  0x7fdaca441700  Count: 51
    common run:  0x7fdac9c40700  pJob==NULL
    common run:  0x7fdac9c40700  Count: 52
    common run:  0x7fdac943f700  pJob==NULL
    common run:  0x7fdac943f700  Count: 53
    common run:  0x7fdaca441700  pJob==NULL
    common run:  0x7fdaca441700  Count: 54
    common run:  0x7fdac9c40700  pJob==NULL
    common run:  0x7fdac9c40700  Count: 55
    common run:  0x7fdac943f700  pJob==NULL
    common run:  0x7fdac943f700  Count: 56
    common run:  0x7fdaca441700  pJob==NULL
    
    [...]

    Does anyone know how to restore the graphic interface or at least how I could tell the the running process to save all work?

    I didn't find any commands for the terminal. I've tried stuff like:
    Code:
    $ FoxitReader -h
    $ FoxitReader --help
    $ FoxitReader --save
    $ FoxitReader -S
    etc but it only tells me that there is no "-h" file...

    Thank you for your time and have a nice evening!
    Last edited by KJJ; 09-21-2018, 06:04 PM. Reason: corrected some typos

  • #2
    KJJ


    Sorry for any hassle and inconvenience this may cause for you. Please help to send us the following information for further analysis:
    1) Check the version number of Foxit Reader for Linux;
    2) How these two monitors are connected? Extended or?
    3) Take a picture of the error if there's any error;
    4) Use the following steps to collect the Foxit Reader log "Foxit Reader Startup.log" for us:
    a) Open config.xml in the install directory.
    b) Change the value of “startup” to “true”
    c) Try to reproduce this crash issue, you will get the log file in your desktop.

    Thank you.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by cherry View Post
      KJJ


      Sorry for any hassle and inconvenience this may cause for you. Please help to send us the following information for further analysis:
      1) Check the version number of Foxit Reader for Linux;
      2) How these two monitors are connected? Extended or?
      3) Take a picture of the error if there's any error;
      4) Use the following steps to collect the Foxit Reader log "Foxit Reader Startup.log" for us:
      a) Open config.xml in the install directory.
      b) Change the value of “startup” to “true”
      c) Try to reproduce this crash issue, you will get the log file in your desktop.

      Thank you.
      Hi and thank you for your answer.

      1) Version of FoxitReader is 2.4.1.0609
      2) The built in is switched off, I use the external only.
      3) There is no error, the FoxitReader symbol just disappears out of the tray. I get

      Code:
       QBackingStore::flush() called for QWidgetWindow(0x38644c0, name = "mainwindowWindow") which does not have a handle.
      after unplugging as output on the terminal

      4) I can't find that file, there is only a network.xml and a components.xml file in the install directory. I installed it standard to ~/opt/foxitsoftware/foxitreader

      Have a nice day!

      Comment


      • #4
        KJJ
        Would you please help to update to the latest version2.4.4 to see if it helps?

        For the log file, please open Foxit Reader, go to Help>About Foxit Reader, double click on Foxit text three times continuously until that you get the log dialog box, send us the log file in the path.

        ​​​​​​​

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by lynditest View Post
          KJJ
          Would you please help to update to the latest version2.4.4 to see if it helps?

          For the log file, please open Foxit Reader, go to Help>About Foxit Reader, double click on Foxit text three times continuously until that you get the log dialog box, send us the log file in the path.

          ​​​​​​​
          Thank you, I wasn't aware, that there is a new version, because click on update said it was the latest software. Anyway, I did update but nothing changed. Still same error. I posted the requested log file and the screenshot how I'm using the ex. monitor.

          Thanks.
          Attached Files

          Comment


          • #6
            Dear KJJ,

            Thanks for your response.This issue "Foxit Reader for Linux Crashes after unplugging external monitor" has been submitted to our internal bug tracking system with report ID#MACLNX-2784.
            Any progress about it,I will keep you informed or you may also write back to us with this report ID#MACLNX-2784 to track its processing status.



            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Lisa_lee View Post
              Dear KJJ,

              Thanks for your response.This issue "Foxit Reader for Linux Crashes after unplugging external monitor" has been submitted to our internal bug tracking system with report ID#MACLNX-2784.
              Any progress about it,I will keep you informed or you may also write back to us with this report ID#MACLNX-2784 to track its processing status.


              Thank you for your help.

              Comment


              • #8
                If issue still persists, you may also uncheck 'Disable hardware graphics acceleration' from File> Option>Advanced >Display and see if it helps.
                Hope the above information helps. Try the suggestion and let me know the results at your earliest convenience.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by swantutorsonline View Post
                  If issue still persists, you may also uncheck 'Disable hardware graphics acceleration' from File> Option>Advanced >Display and see if it helps.
                  Hope the above information helps. Try the suggestion and let me know the results at your earliest convenience.
                  Sorry, I can't find that feature on Foxit Reader for Linux. There is only File> Properties available and that refers to the file itself I thing. There is Edit> Preferences but no feature like you described. Thanks anyway. Have a nice weekend!

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    swantutorsonline

                    Thank you for your sharing. It seems that your workaround should be the setting in system, right? Would you please help to check if it is valid in Linux system?

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X