Signature not sticking with latest 9.2.0.9297

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bug Signature not sticking with latest 9.2.0.9297

Our users are reporting that with version 9.2.0.9297 of Foxit Reader (installed via FoxitReader92_enu_Setup.msi) that they are unable to apply signatures using the sign feature. Works in previous versions.

Signatures shows up, you attempt to click on the PDF document and nothing happens. The signature does not apply and you still have the signature selected after clicking like nothing happened.

Tested on multiple machines with the same effect.

Bug?
    Unable to apply signature

Rolled back to version 9.0.1.1049 on my Windows 10 (1703) PC and signatures are now sticking again. I did not delete user data when uninstalling/rolling back.

Comment

bcoop

Sorry for the trouble. After carefully evaluating the bug and trying to reproduce the issue based on the information provided, we are not able to reproduce the issue, does it happen to any pdf file and any signature you created in Foxit Reader?

Would you please help to reinstall version9.2 again on one of the involved computer and try to create a new blank pdf file and new signature in Foxit Reader 9.2 to see if it happens?

Comment

OK I have resolved the issue. It appears that Foxit 9.2 handles the signing feature a little differently than 9.1.

We run Ivanti AppSense (Application Manager) to lock down the environment, in the new version of Foxit, AppSense is blocking the operation that apply's the signature as shown below.

File information:
        File: c:\Users\user\AppData\Roaming\Foxit Software\Foxit Reader\InstaSign\UserSign\FXPSdpbaldqodbxwvbx.pdf
        Owner: domain\user
        Device: \Device\HarddiskVolume3
        Parent: c:\program files (x86)\foxit software\foxit reader\foxitreader.exe (Foxit Reader 9.2)
        Type: Execute
        Overall Result: Deny

As the .pdf file is not trusted (trusted ownership checking) we had to allow the foxitreader.exe access to '%APPDATA%\Foxit Software\Foxit Reader\InstaSign\UserSign\*.pdf' for it to work correctly.

Thanks for looking into it. I should have checked AppSense however it was such a strange thing to happen that it didn't initially cross my mind.
        Last edited by bcoop; 09-27-2018, 10:17 PM.

Comment

bcoop ,Thanks so much for informing us the cause of this issue. And I have also submitted this situation you mentioned to our internal bug tracking system with report ID#QCPHANTOM-10830,so that our Dev team will further check this issue to see why the operations(Foxit Reader.exe access to '%APPDATA%\Foxit Software\Foxit Reader\InstaSign\UserSign\*.pdf') is denied in Ivanti AppSense since V9.2 and keep you informed for any updates about it.

Comment

Working...
          X