Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Incorrect (and awful) text rendering in Foxit Reader

Hi,
    I am using the latest version Foxit Reader and the text rendering is incorrect and awful.
    I have uploaded a sample file with the wrongly rendered glyph highlighted and I have inserted below it an image taken from Adobe's rendering. In Adobe Reader, both the text and image will render identically, not so in Foxit Reader.
    Attached Files

Thak you for posting here. To be frank, I fail to find any difference when it shows on Foxit Reader and Adobe Reader, could you please make a comparison of Foxit and Adobe so we can have a closer look? Thank you.

Comment

I have uploaded an image of what I mean.
      I would guess that what Foxit is doing wrong is applying hinting wrongly, i.e. grid-fitting it to a very low resolution grid.
      BTW, with which version did Foxit start hinting Truetype fonts? The last time I used it (some time ago) it wasn't hinting. I actually prefer unhinted. Is there a setting to disable hinting, I couldn't find one.

Comment

yzahn

Thank you for your reply. I have reported the issue to our team for further investigation, report ID#QCPHANTOM-12305.

About the Truetype font, do you get the font message from File>Properties>Font? May I know which version did you use some time ago?

Comment

Originally posted by lyndi_wu View Post

I have reported the issue to our team for further investigation, report ID#QCPHANTOM-12305.
          Thanks for that.

Originally posted by lyndi_wu View Post

About the Truetype font, do you get the font message from File>Properties>Font? May I know which version did you use some time ago?
          To be clear, the "hinting" I refer to is not a message I am seeing! It is a technology for rendering fonts clearly on low resolution displays.
          My question was: When did Foxit begin using "font hinting" and is there any way of disabling it since I prefer the unhinted rendering. Thanks.

Comment

yzahn

Thank you for your reply. Also forward your question to our team, any updates, I will keep you informed.

Comment

Working...
            X