Foxit creates huge PDF documents when sending to printer

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Foxit creates huge PDF documents when sending to printer

I encountered a problem last week trying to print A0 drawings to an HP T520 Printer.

This also happened with my evaluation version of Foxit Phantom.

After some work with the support team of HP, we found that a 1.1 MB document increased to 2.5 GB when sent to the printer - which means the printer is unable to process the document.

If I print that exact same document from my Chrome Browser, it is reduced to about 30 MB sent to the printer.

Attached the document that give trouble.
    Attached Files

Sorry for the inconvenience. To better debug it, could you please help to answer below questions? Thanks.
    1. Which version of Foxit Reader do you use?
    2. What is your printer type? Is your printer PCL printer? Detailed printer info(Print Driver Model). By opening the path "Control Panel\Hardware and Sound\Devices and Printers",then choose the printer and right click on it to select 'Printer properties'->General make a screenshot of it.
    3. Open the file you mentioned with Foxit Reader and go to File->Print and make a screenshot of the Print window.
    4. Please make a screenshot of the print queue that shows the 2.5G.
    5. Is your pc win10 64-bit?

Comment

Answer as follows:

1. I use Foxit Reader / Phantom. Foxit 9.2.0.9297

2. Attached

3. Attached

4. Not going to make a screen shot of that. It takes a long time to get to the 2.5 GB.

5. Yes. Win10 64 Bit

Attached Files

Comment

koosjr

Thank you for your reply. After carefully evaluating the bug and trying to reproduce the issue based on the information provided, we are not able to reproduce the issue with our side.
        Please help to update to version9.3 as the following way to see if it helps.
        1) Uninstall Reader from the control panel.
        2) Press "Window + r" input "regedit" press Enter, find folder "Foxit Reader" under the directory "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Foxit Software\Foxit Reader" and delete it.
        3) Go to the installation folder of Foxit Reader, somewhere like:C:\Program Files\Foxit Software, delete the folder"Foxit Reader"
        4) Download it from the following link and run it as Admin to install the program.
        http://cdn01.foxitsoftware.com/produ...etup_Clean.exe

Also, please help to update your printer drive to see if it helps.

Comment

Working...
        X