Print dialog segfaults with PCLinuxOS

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Print dialog segfaults with PCLinuxOS

Trying to get this working on PCLinuxOS 2018 release. Viewing a PDF is fine, attempting to invoke the print dialog via either the FIle/Print or the print icon throws a segmentation fault.

If I run it from the command line to try getting info, all I see is a constant stream of messages and when I click print the seg fault. Not very helpful for a bug report.

common run: 0x7f78027fc700 pJob==NULL
    common run: 0x7f78027fc700 Count: 191
    common run: 0x7f7801ffb700 pJob==NULL
    common run: 0x7f7801ffb700 Count: 192
    Segmentation fault

Any advice as to what I could try to get more useful information? Or is this a known issue? (Didn't see any posts though)

jmorris

Which version of Foxit Reader for Linux did you use? Did it occur to any PDF document or just specific one? Could you please kindly make a screenshot of the problem as well?
    For now, I would encourage you to open the PDF document from within the browser: https://online.foxitsoftware.com/ then try to print.
    Foxit Online tool is a PDF viewer that in regardless of any OS, as long as you have a browser, you could use it to open the PDF document and make changes to your PDF document.

Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by cherry View Post
      jmorris

Which version of Foxit Reader for Linux did you use? Did it occur to any PDF document or just specific one? Could you please kindly make a screenshot of the problem as well?
      For now, I would encourage you to open the PDF document from within the browser: https://online.foxitsoftware.com/ then try to print.
      Foxit Online tool is a PDF viewer that in regardless of any OS, as long as you have a browser, you could use it to open the PDF document and make changes to your PDF document.

Thank you.
      Version is 2.4.4.0911 and attempting to update says it is the most recent. PCLinuxOS is updated to today and still exhibits the problem.
      The test documents viewed are 1) A CUPS document plucked at random from /usr/share/cups/doc/pap-docu.pdf and 2) an ATmel datasheet for the ATXMega128 microcontroller that was handy.

Screenshots aren't really applicable here. It is perfectly functioning and then it is gone with no trace. If run from the console there are traces though. I notice that even closing it normally ends the trace with a seg fault as well. Curious.

Adding two attachments of capturing the terminal output of two runs. One is simply opening a document and instantly closing. The other is opening the same document and clicking print.

As to using the browser built in, that kinda defeats the purpose. Browser PDF support is uniformly awful, installing a standalone PDF viewer is the workaround for the bad browsers. I'm building up an image with the purpose of deploying it to library patron lab machines. PDF support is currently one of the pain points. The current lab image is based on Centos 6.x and includes Adobe Reader and Foxit Reader. Adobe is obsolete on Linux and hasn't been updated in about a decade, but it is currently our weapon of last resort because it prints anything thrown at it. Hoping Foxit can assume that role because Adobe Reader is aging 32bit software in a 64bit world.
      Attached Files

Comment

Working...
      X