Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 30% CPU use in Ubuntu 18.10 unless run as root

Hi everyone,

I have this persistent problem: Whenever I start Foxit Reader (whether with or without loading a document) I immediately experience a surge in CPU usage (usually 25-30%) related to Foxit Reader. I have tried uninstalling and re-installing Foxit Reader but to no avail. I have tried running it under wayland or xorg but that makes no difference. I have checked that my normal user has permission and ownership over the folder. Here comes the strange part: if I run Foxit Reader as root, CPU usage is low and everything works just fine. My Foxit Reader version is: 2.4.4.0911. If I start it from terminal it says (over and over again):

Adding Dnt Data last arror is: "attempt to write a readonly database Unable to fetch row"
    Has delive node, commit it to db

Any ideas how to fix this?

berliny

Sorry for the trouble. I have reported the issue to our team for further investigation,report ID:MACLNX-2975.You may email to support@foxitsoftware.com with this ID# to track the processing status or post here.

Comment

I've similar problem.
      I'm using Linux mint 19, Foxit reader 2.4 keeps closing unless I'm seeing library as root it works fine

Comment

Originally posted by yasirala View Post
        I've similar problem.
        I'm using Linux mint 19, Foxit reader 2.4 keeps closing unless I'm seeing library as root it works fine
        This case has been passed to our QA and Dev team for further investigation, any update, we will post here.

Comment

Working...
        X