Printing via command line slow from Windows Service

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Printing via command line slow from Windows Service

I have a Windows Service which picks up PDF files exported into a folder and prints them via the command line as follows:

FoxitReader.exe /h /t "[FileName]" "[PrinterName]"

Recently this has become very slow taking about 13-16 seconds to print a basic PDF. However when printing using the same code from a desktop app (logged in as the service user) this takes 3 seconds.

It is clear that it is FoxitReader taking the time (and not the service) as I can see process begin created in task manager and sitting at about 12% CPU useage for about 10 seconds before the print job appears in the spooler queue.

Any ideas what is causing this delay?

Alternativly is there anyway I can print multiple files using a single command? Usually about 10 files are exported at once but I call this command one at a time and wait for the the print to complete, doing a batch print might eliminate most of the delay.

More info, this only seems to happen under a specific user account, is it possible there is a build up of memory somewhere?

Comment

apc ,I apologize for any difficulty using Foxit Reader.I am sorry that currently there is no parameter in pint commandline for printing multiple PDF files in batch. For this situation,I have submitted the suggestion"Support to print multiple files via commandline" as a new feature request for our product marketing's reference with suggestion ID#PHANTOM-9681.

For your current workaround,you may choose to write a command bat file with scripts for printing multiple files included,then you could run the .bat file to print those PDF files

For the printing speed is very slow issue,we suggest you help to install our latest version 9.4 of Foxit Reader to see if it helps.Please do as follows:
      1) Please make sure you've closed all Foxit Reader related programs (IE, Firefox...) then go to "Control Panel"->"Add/Remove Programs" to uninstall Foxit Reader;
      Go to "Start"->"Run"-> input regedit -> find "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Foxit Software\ Foxit Reader 9.0" and "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Foxit Software\ Foxit Reader 9.0" to delete the whole folder of Foxit Reader 9.0;
      2) Download a newest version of Foxit Reader 9.4 from the link below´╝Ü
      You may download a new setup file from this link: http://cdn09.foxitsoftware.com/produ...etup_Clean.exe
      and install it.
      Finally,please try to give the new installation a try and let us know the result

Comment

Working...
      X